Public Charging Cable & Essential Purchases For New Taycan?

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Hey Guys! First of all, just want to say that this forum has a great community and is one the best forums I've been a part of! :like:

Was just hoping you could guide me with two things:

1. Public Charging Cable - I'm aware that there are potentially better type 2 to type 2 public car chargers on the market (outside of Porsche's) for less money, longer length, that are phase 1 and 3 compatible, and are 32A. I was wondering whether you could link me to the (UK) products you have bought/would recommend please?
  2. Essentials - My Taycan 4S is due for delivery at the end of November and would like to buy the 'essentials' ready for day one. I was wondering what you would consider essentials to buy for the Taycan? e.g. microfiber cloth, USB-C phone cable, etc

Looking forward to hearing from you!
Sponsored

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hey Guys! First of all, just want to say that this forum has a great community and is one the best forums I've been a part of! :like:

1. Public Charging Cable - I'm aware that there are potentially better type 2 to type 2 public car chargers on the market (outside of Porsche's) for less money, longer length, that are phase 1 and 3 compatible, and are 32A. I was wondering whether you could link me to the (UK) products you have bought/would recommend please?
  2. Essentials - My Taycan 4S is due for delivery at the end of November and would like to buy the 'essentials' ready for day one. I was wondering what you would consider essentials to buy for the Taycan? e.g. microfiber cloth, USB-C phone cable, etc

Here is a product that have got good reviews. The connecting leads can accomodate single phase 13 amp up to 3 phase 32 amp. You can also buy further acccesories as a travel kits and also Bluetooth connectivity etc. So all the way to 22 kW charge!

It is also much smaller that 5he huge Porsche charger so can easily be brought on a trip.

OP
OP
JamieG

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
Here is the one I ordered. I keep it under the boot, there is a perfect hidden hatch there for this type of stuff.
https://www.4ev.co.uk/5-metre-32-amp-type-2-to-type-2-ev-charging-cable-coiled-2
Hmm do you not struggle with a 2.5m cable? I see people say that Porsche's 4.5m cable is sometimes too short!

Here is a product that have got good reviews. The connecting leads can accomodate single phase 13 amp up to 3 phase 32 amp. You can also buy further acccesories as a travel kits and also Bluetooth connectivity etc. So all the way to 22 kW charge!

It is also much smaller that 5he huge Porsche charger so can easily be brought on a trip.
Think you forgot to link the product? :angel:

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Most DC chargers are installed on the front edge or the front of the car as you drive into the spot. Remember this is only AC chargers, so you can plug in either side of the car so I’d say 2.5 is okay. I don’t like cables trailing on the pavement etc. All DC chargers are already tethered, so whatever is there you need to make work.

OP
OP
JamieG

JamieG

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar SE
Country flag
I don't suppose anyone has bought ant anti-fingerprint film for their PCM's?

H@wk

First Name
H
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+, BMW 530XD, BMW 320I cab
Country flag
I guess "essentials" are a bit dependent on your location. Up here close to the north pole, winter tires and rubber floor mats are pretty essential the coming months. That is, if you intend to expose your Taycan to the winter gods :) I do, - nothing quite as fun and exhilarating as driving a powerful sports car on snow & ice!

bootsie

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Golf GTI 16v
Country flag

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
The fingerprints are already annoying me in the photos I've seen and I don't even have the car yet ;)
I'll keep my eye out for some protective film, something like this:
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/spftay.html
Have it. Not installed - waiting for coating team to install it. Looks robust and well cut to exact shape.

Very disappointed that Suncoast folded the wide cockpit film in half to stuff into a box - it is bent (being flattened), not creased so will try to use it. Dumb move, especially since they took much care to protect the smaller flat panels.

terryb

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991.2 GT3, Mk4 Megane Trophy-R, C1 Race Car
Country flag
I don't suppose anyone has bought ant anti-fingerprint film for their PCM's?
I’ve seen a video review of the Taycan where someone had done this - maybe it was an iPad screen protector or one cut down to size.

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag

WaltB

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981Spyder, 958.2 GTS, 991.2 TTS, Taycan Turbo,
Country flag

Nachyomama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT
Country flag

My dealer (US) gave me a charger cable for free. Didn’t even know until I opened the glovebox

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
A few random ones from my Amazon history when I got the car......

These work great for cleaning inside the back window in the saloon.
It's almost impossible to clean with a normal cloth because of the angle.

DSHT 2 Pack Car Windscreen Cleaner Tools From Inside Window Glass Cleaning Tools For Home Kichens With Cloth and Long Handle https://amzn.eu/d/alnYA78

I bought these USB c leads (still in packet and not used yet).

Gritin USB C Female to USB Male Adapter, [2 Pack] USB C Adapter USB Type A Charger Plug Converter for iPhone 12 13 Max, iPad,Galaxy and more Type-C Devices https://amzn.eu/d/fqdA9yg

I bought this to throw the charging lead in the frunk when it's wet/dirty.

Premium EV Charging cable case | Suitable for 5/10 Meter | https://amzn.eu/d/3S6b1n2

This is small enough to keep in the frunk as the car didn't come with one.

AA Car Essentials 12V Compact Tyre Inflator AA5007 – For Cars Vans Motorbikes Vehicles Inflatables Bicycles - PSI BAR KPA 0-80 PSI – Includes Adaptors, Black https://amzn.eu/d/4LenFMC

And this to make the car smell like Creed Aventus (ish) 😁

bliss Aventus Inspired Creed Car Air Freshener for Men - Strong Aventus Car Diffuser with Real Essential Oil Aromatherapy - Car Perfume Scent Air Purifier https://amzn.eu/d/3n3Q0kl
Sponsored