tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
Bose is very good in my CT IMHO, the Burmester in a Turbo S I had as a loaner was incredible but not worth the extra £ to my ears and in a car!
As Burmester owner, I agree with this. I'd still spec it again but it is expensive for diminishing returns. It does respond well to higher quality (CD-quality) sources. Apple Music Lossless via wired CarPlay does sound great.
Sponsored

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
The Bose in our Cayenne had a massive sub under the spare which is where i think the oomph came from - not sure where they hid that in the taycan, but my wife instantly boosted the base level and sounds great!
It’s in the trunk. The configurator says with Bose it has a little less space in the compartment under the trunk floor.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Something’s seems in our CT is wrong therefore. Perhaps something was not installed yet or not finally parts had been used due to of delivery problems. Similar to the topic that our handy induction charging is still not working due to of missing parts - official statement of Porsche. I will go to Porsche dealer and compare with other CT.
I did two testdrives. Both had Bose. I only listened to my favorite music station. I don’t know if it was DAB or not.

The first time I was really underwhelmed. The sound was flat and it didn’t sound good. The week afterwards in another car this was one of the things I wanted to reconsider and the sound was perfect. I don’t know what made the difference.

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I did two testdrives. Both had Bose. I only listened to my favorite music station. I don’t know if it was DAB or not.

The first time I was really underwhelmed. The sound was flat and it didn’t sound good. The week afterwards in another car this was one of the things I wanted to reconsider and the sound was perfect. I don’t know what made the difference.
Generally, I like to keep all the "sound processing" options off to get as close to the original sound as possible. However, when I had a loaner Taycan with a Bose stereo, I noticed that you pretty much had to turn on its "enhance sound" (or whatever) option – or otherwise it sounded unrealistically flat.

It was like Bose was encouraging you to use it for some reason.

It is not the same on my Burmester.

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Generally, I like to keep all the "sound processing" options off to get as close to the original sound as possible. However, when I had a loaner Taycan with a Bose stereo, I noticed that you pretty much had to turn on its "enhance sound" (or whatever) option – or otherwise it sounded unrealistically flat.

It was like Bose was encouraging you to use it for some reason.

It is not the same on my Burmester.
I didn’t check if this was turned in or off. I was primarily checking if I liked the car. But it could very well be what you described. And that could explain the difference I observed between the two tests.

Last edited:

BartA

First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
Bose in CT4 sounds a lot better than Bose in Macan but it’s still a Bose so it doesn’t sound soft and natural Like some other systems do. Bose tends to overdo things with sound and it sounds digital. Despite this I would also go with Bose, the price of Burmester is ridiculous.

R Benny Waered

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, Rapide S, Mc GT, ID.5
Country flag
Bose in CT4 sounds a lot better than Bose in Macan but it’s still a Bose so it doesn’t sound soft and natural Like some other systems do. Bose tends to overdo things with sound and it sounds digital. Despite this I would also go with Bose, the price of Burmester is ridiculous.
100% agree - the Bose in the Macan was so poor in lower mids and bass that I fitted a different subwoofer at some cost. I thought I'd have to then fit this in the Taycan too but as space is at a premium I likely will not bother as the Bose is adequate - if nothing you really go 'wow' about. The additional cost for the Burmester is gouging and chasing diminishing returns.

Alex74

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 CT (MY22)
Country flag
Is there everybody happy out there with the Bose sound quality in the CT? I can not believe that.
Not so happy about Bose, missing some adjustments middle tones, … but price difference was way too high for Burmester.
i hope they do updates.

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
Same here, BOSE is really good using PCM to produce the sound, going apple car check eq , mine was set with loudness -> bad really bad.
To me no eq pre set is needed.
One of the best if not the best, better than with 911 and Cayenne agin to me, one level above with Q7, as for Wrangler better to listen the birds or the wave!

Roppe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S MY22
Country flag
Test drove 2 different CT’s - one with Bose and RAS, and one with Burmester and no RAS. Played around with the settings in both systems, using Apple Lossless (wireless CarPlay) and coming from a Tesla Model 3 P, the Bose system was so underwhelming it would have been a dealbreaker for me. Luckily Porsche offers the Burmester which sounded really good, actually best when the settings were left alone (Pure and bass and treble at 0)
According to my wife, my hearing a sub-par (?) but the difference is huge, really surprised some are not sharing this opinion, whilst I can of course understand if the delta in terms of $ may not be worth it to some people. To me - without a doubt.

Ps, The RAS also got checked :)

Enguess

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I have Bose in mt CT4S and I am disappointed….. Had Harman Kardon in my previous car, BMW M550i, and that was sooo much better.
Any tips for settings for the Bose system?

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag

lcarron

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cross Turismo 4S
Country flag
Thank you!
Bose has never be a good Brand an any of my cars. Bose is only brand but home or car system are not that good. My B&O from my previous Audi was much better and much cheaper.
if you increase the bass and treble then select all options the sound is better.
Out of the box this is pretty bad.

alex_goldberg_22

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
I had a '19 Cayenne that had ridiculous bass and a much better sound than my new CT. Not sure if I have the settings messed up but I'm not super impressed.
Sponsored