Quality of Bose sound in CT?

CrossTurismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
What is your impression about the sound quality/range of the Bose system in the CT?
Sponsored

Oysterquartz

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4s Cross Turismo
Country flag
It's really good. Glass insulation helps out. The seller said that in the CT, for some strange reason, the Bose system sounds better than the two other systems.

Reactions: B61

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
It's really good. Glass insulation helps out. The seller said that in the CT, for some strange reason, the Bose system sounds better than the two other systems.
Agreed.
Haven't heard Burmester (and "ordinary"), but Bose sounds brilliant.
I hear some details (MIke Oldfield, Pink Floyd) that I haven't heard in previous cars (B&O or Bose)...

OP
OP

CrossTurismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
To be honest I’m a bit surprised about your first replies. I’m a CT4 owner and my impression is not that the Bose sounds that good. Last week I had the opportunity to hear the Bose in a Panamera and for me sound was much more balance, doesn’t matter what type of music was running. In the CT for me just high and deep tone are available, the middle range from my point of view is almost not existing.
Im listening over Apple car play with the highest possible quality, with high resolution lossless.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I'm not familiar with Panamera, but as far as I know, Bose designed dedicated system for Taycan.
(I'm listening over Apple Car Play as well).

OP
OP

CrossTurismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Something’s seems in our CT is wrong therefore. Perhaps something was not installed yet or not finally parts had been used due to of delivery problems. Similar to the topic that our handy induction charging is still not working due to of missing parts - official statement of Porsche. I will go to Porsche dealer and compare with other CT.

OP
OP

CrossTurismo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT
Country flag
Something’s seems in our CT is wrong therefore. Perhaps something was not installed yet or not finally parts had been used due to of delivery problems. Similar to the topic that our handy induction charging is still not working due to of missing parts - official statement of Porsche. I will go to Porsche dealer and compare with other CT.
Is there everybody happy out there with the Bose sound quality in the CT? I can not believe that.

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
I've had Burmester (Merc) and Bose (several brands) in many cars - I always upgrade the system and it is always ok-ish but tbh on the Taycan it is wayyy better than the other ones I had (talking 15+ cars). I would not spend further to upgrade it tbh, not on a car. It won't be "audiophile" spec, but plenty good enough for a car

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Not a fan of the Bose sound at all but not heard either the standard or Burmester to compare. To me the Bose lacks any punch, previously owned a Cayenne with Bose and that was superb so I'm guessing cost/weight saving has gone on.

Tip from me is if you connect to Apple Music through your iPhone then you can adjust the equaliser settings which helps a little.

Yan355

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 GTS, Cayenne, Audi A7
Country flag
Not a fan of the Bose sound at all but not heard either the standard or Burmester to compare. To me the Bose lacks any punch, previously owned a Cayenne with Bose and that was superb so I'm guessing cost/weight saving has gone on.

Tip from me is if you connect to Apple Music through your iPhone then you can adjust the equaliser settings which helps a little.
Really happy with the Bose - the sound quality is extremely good for the money -no complaints here

MAVG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 4s (going); MY22 CT 4s (on order)
Defo best bose so far in a car ?

philbur

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 911 C2 (993), 2015 Cayenne S, 1978 VW Bus
Country flag

The Bose in our Cayenne had a massive sub under the spare which is where i think the oomph came from - not sure where they hid that in the taycan, but my wife instantly boosted the base level and sounds great!

TayFan

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S, Audi A7, Mercedes ML350
Country flag
What is your impression about the sound quality/range of the Bose system in the CT?
Don’t have it, as spec’s the Burmeister in my 4s, and all I can say is it’s perfect (for an automotive stereo…for me). Not a helpful post, I realize, I’m just so excited about the Burmeister, I had to brag ;) hah

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
To be honest I’m a bit surprised about your first replies. I’m a CT4 owner and my impression is not that the Bose sounds that good. Last week I had the opportunity to hear the Bose in a Panamera and for me sound was much more balance, doesn’t matter what type of music was running. In the CT for me just high and deep tone are available, the middle range from my point of view is almost not existing.
Im listening over Apple car play with the highest possible quality, with high resolution lossless.
I came from a Pana ST to the Taycan. Bose sounds just as good.

Did you check all the Bose settings to ensure the were set correctly (sometimes a reset occurs in the Taycan with no visual cue)?

RichardPB

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT Gentian Blue /retired AR Quadrifolio
Country flag
Bose is very good in my CT IMHO, the Burmester in a Turbo S I had as a loaner was incredible but not worth the extra £ to my ears and in a car!
Sponsored