dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
But the caption in the pic says "welcome function".
I thought you ment that the logo was lit (as this is the initial subject of this topic).
Now I see you only mentioned the color.
Sorry.
No worries. I wanted to clarify that I agree with you. :)
Sponsored

Reactions: Dee

Vim Schrotnock

First Name
Vim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTB1 Race Cayman, Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
But the caption in the pic says "welcome function".
I thought you ment that the logo was lit (as this is the initial subject of this topic).
Now I see you only mentioned the color.
Sorry.
I think we're all in agreement that the logo won't light up unless you do it aftermarket. I do have a question about the 'glacier blue' though. It would be cool if that was the color for the upgraded LED's. Not sure if this is the case though. It might be a little weird if the Porsche logo was 'lit' in the rear at night with the car on the road - not sure if I would want this...

Toby Pennycuff

First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911S, Porsche 930, Porsche GT3 Cup, Taycan 4S
Country flag
I think we're all in agreement that the logo won't light up unless you do it aftermarket. I do have a question about the 'glacier blue' though. It would be cool if that was the color for the upgraded LED's. Not sure if this is the case though. It might be a little weird if the Porsche logo was 'lit' in the rear at night with the car on the road - not sure if I would want this...

I will be able to tell you more when my 4S arrives mid-April to 1-May since I ordered the Glacier Blue option for my PDLS+ setup.

Toby

Eisbärenhöhle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
... clearly too many of them
Country flag
I'll pick-up my Turbo on 20th of March at Zuffenhausen ... ordered glacier-blue at the front LEDS ... I was told by my Porsche salesman that Welcome function and blue PORSCHE at rear can be retrofitted (but is not illuminated) starting autumn/fall 2020.

bangersandmash

First Name
bib
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan, Alpina B3S, Opel Corsa electric
Country flag
I'll pick-up my Turbo on 20th of March at Zuffenhausen ... ordered glacier-blue at the front LEDS ... I was told by my Porsche salesman that Welcome function and blue PORSCHE at rear can be retrofitted (but is not illuminated) starting autumn/fall 2020.

So if its not going to be illuminated, may I ask what is the welcome function?

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Logo's, names, brands etc are not allowed to lit up on the back of any car.

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Many times it's a rule/law only for the manufacturer. Once you buy it different rules likely apply.