Question about the plastic bits on the CT…..

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Greetings! Putting aside personal tastes about the plastic trim that comes with the ORDP, do these pieces become collectors of dirt and small stones? Any feedback on whether it makes it more difficult to clean the paint in those areas?
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It won't make it any easier or harder to clean but you will need to take care when applying polish otherwise you'll end up with more work having to remove the white residue. Also would suggest that it will take longer / more effort to clean the CT as the plastic mouldings will need dressed from time to time.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It won't make it any easier or harder to clean but you will need to take care when applying polish otherwise you'll end up with more work having to remove the white residue. Also would suggest that it will take longer / more effort to clean the CT as the plastic mouldings will need dressed from time to time.
My question is specific to the additional trim/wings from the off road design package not the standard CT plastic trim.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Out of Spec Reviews mentions this in an early review of the Cross Turismo:

Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Canyon Blast & Space Review - YouTube

Start watching at around 9:51 and he mentions it does trap dirt....
Appreciate you locating this. Thanks. I don’t plan to go off-road but I could see how small rocks, sand, and salt from the road could collect here. Curious whether current owners are experiencing this or not…with on road use.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Appreciate you locating this. Thanks. I don’t plan to go off-road but I could see how small rocks, sand, and salt from the road could collect here. Curious whether current owners are experiencing this or not…with on road use.
If you haven't seen them in person, the wings are not actually functional, in that airflow doesn't really flow between them and the bumper. Behind the wing is just a shallow groove less than an inch deep. Some dirt collects there but nothing that is a problem to clean out with a hose, a cloth, or your pinky finger.

OP
OP
RAHRCR

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If you haven't seen them in person, the wings are not actually functional, in that airflow doesn't really flow between them and the bumper. Behind the wing is just a shallow groove less than an inch deep. Some dirt collects there but nothing that is a problem to clean out with a hose, a cloth, or your pinky finger.
Thanks for the help! This is the kind of insight I needed. ?
Sponsored