Question for experienced Porsche owners…

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I think that would probably be a jail sentence in CH ?
Fortunately for me I only visit there, for such a democratic nation, Switzerland has a very authoritative government
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I am on my 4th Pcar. Shortly after I bought my second, I got a suspended license. Served my time (well, sort of), then got a Valentine One installed. Now the only speeding tickets I get is when I am NOT driving my Porsche.
The V12 leaves you vulnerable to lidar which is used heavily in my part of the world

Spd_Tkt

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 4S, 20 Jeep JLUR, 14 991.1 C2S-MT, 13 BMW K16GT
Country flag
I have yet to be stoped in while driving my Taycan 4S by a highway patrol officer. I have collected plenty of "pay to play" certificates while driving my Carrera S. At least the US rescinded the 55 MPH National Maximum Speed Limit in 1995!

Cheers,

kl98cwg

First Name
DF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
I lived in Switzerland for a while and always felt that cars drove much too closely together on the highway - and there were some big pile-ups. I wondered if the strictly enforced speed limits were a factor because cars stayed bunched up all the time …

OP
OP
Swissbob

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I lived in Switzerland for a while and always felt that cars drove much too closely together on the highway - and there were some big pile-ups. I wondered if the strictly enforced speed limits were a factor because cars stayed bunched up all the time …
If you think Switzerland is bad don’t even think about driving in Italy ?

riburn3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4, Model 3 SR+
Country flag
Driving a Porsche is living with the purgatory of driving a fast car slow. At one point I had an Abarth Spider just because it felt like I was hauling ass while only going 45 miles an hour shifting gears (driving a slow car fast).

Thankfully, the Western US is filled with lots of roads that are sparsely travelled and are great places to let your car loose. I don't feel the urge quite so much in my Taycan, but I had to get my Boxster out a couple of times a month just to make sure it could still be pushed.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
It’s not the worst country in the world to live in ?
I didn't imply that it was but you do suffer from dictatorial like edicts, not the the US is descending into the same.

SwissTaycan

First Name
Dieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4S arrived on 23.12.20 and 718 Spyder on order
Country flag
dictatorial like edicts
What do you mean by that? Or what is an example of that? For a country that prides itself for practicing a direct democracy and referendums I am not sure how you can compare that to a dictatorship?

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
What do you mean by that? Or what is an example of that? For a country that prides itself for practicing a direct democracy and referendums I am not sure how you can compare that to a dictatorship?
dictatorial LIKE edicts is not a dictatorship. we have veered far beyond the scope of the thread and the forum.
I wish I was having raclette tonight.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Given the previous US administration, I’d have given just about anything for Swiss citizenship. 3 years hence, I may call upon you.
given the current band of incompetents in control, I feel the same, I can deal with mean tweets, not corruption and incompetence

OP
OP
Swissbob

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
Despite the strict penalties for speeding there are a plethora of smooth, winding, mountain roads in Switzerland with an 80kmh limit where it’s possible to enjoy the performance of a Porsche legally and in relative safety. Alas, I can only get to them at the weekends and the wife, kids and dog did not share my enthusiasm for testing out the handling on our first outings ?
Sponsored