Question for experienced Porsche owners…

charliemathilde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A few things. Some highway entrance and exit ramps might be particularly entertaining. Some judicious selection of roads and times combined with not being too crazy. These are public roads after all, and wholly unsuited to recklessness.

plus, the occasion track experience, and matching the car to its job. Mine is to do a lot of commuting and highway time.

If you really need to go fast, you might want a more track focused car and more track time, or take your current car to some track or autocross adventures.

There is a reason, though, why some people really love adding an older classic Porsche to their garage.
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
Yeah, I touched 95 on a highway onramp today and I've only had the car for 3 days.

Cruise control helps with the torture. Without it, I find myself gaining speed on every downhill and never giving it back.
on my third day of ownership I got stopped for 95 in a 45, fortunately the kind officer let me off because the roadway was empty, no harm no foul

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
This. Advantage is when ripping around in an urban environment the car doesn't make much noise. Less negative attention especially by Johnny Law. :cool: ?
I've rarely seen noise as part of speed enforcement. the lack of noise is a problem when driving because there is no noise to alert you to how fast the engine revving

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
How the hell do you hang onto your driving license??? Driving this thing at the speed limit feels like a form of torture! And I only got the base model…
You simply live on the wrong side of the border :p? Cheers from Germany ?

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
You simply live on the wrong side of the border :p? Cheers from Germany ?
Grüße aus Florida! Ich brenne darauf, Deutschland und die Autobahn zu erleben.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kann ich sehr gut verstehen. Wann bist du in Deutschland?
I won't be in Germany for some years. I may plan on Stuttgart delivery of my next new Porsche order. Planning a Euro trip with a friend.

Stuttgart > Munich > Stelvio Pass (Italy) > Milan > last stop Monaco ? ??⚓?♠

Ich würde gerne das Oktoberfest erleben! :beer: Mein Deutsch ist schlecht - ich möchte die Sprache lernen

tigerbalm

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Fiat 500 EV
Country flag
I may plan on Stuttgart delivery of my next new Porsche order.
Its worth remembering that European delivery isn't and will never be possible with Taycan due to the incompatible charging ports. A US spec car would never be able to charge here in Europe.

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
Stuttgart > Munich > Stelvio Pass (Italy) > Milan > last stop Monaco ? ??⚓?♠

Ich würde gerne das Oktoberfest erleben! :beer: Mein Deutsch ist schlecht - ich möchte die Sprache lernen
Sounds like a great road trip but as tigerbalm said it's not possible to take delivery of a US spec car in Stuttgart.
But even without having a Porsche on order, Germany and the rest of Europe is worth a travel ;)

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Oddly, I tear ass around where I live and on the freeway, not crazy fast, but definitely and significantly over the posted speed limits. Most I've ever received from the local PD and CHP is a hearty thumbs up! Fingers crossed though...
Baker Beach, across the Golden Gate, up through the tunnel, down into the headlands, through the second tunnel, up over the hill and down the cliff side 'rollercoaster' then back across the Golden Gate to Pac Heights. Its a great race track and cops seem to not really care if you keep it to 20 over.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Its worth remembering that European delivery isn't and will never be possible with Taycan due to the incompatible charging ports. A US spec car would never be able to charge here in Europe.
Electric is out then. Just factory and museum tours unless I order an ICE P-car.

OP
OP
Swissbob

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
I suppose the Swiss are stickers for rules. And I also suppose that's why the country is so damn clean and orderly and frankly utterly charming!
You are of course absolutely right. The solution is to travel a few clicks to Germany / Italy for cheap thrills and head back to CH for peace, tranquility, law and order!

OP
OP
Swissbob

Swissbob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Cross Turismo
Country flag
on my third day of ownership I got stopped for 95 in a 45, fortunately the kind officer let me off because the roadway was empty, no harm no foul
I think that would probably be a jail sentence in CH ?

4thPcar

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Previously: 914, 944 and 997 911S. Now Taycan
Country flag
I am on my 4th Pcar. Shortly after I bought my second, I got a suspended license. Served my time (well, sort of), then got a Valentine One installed. Now the only speeding tickets I get is when I am NOT driving my Porsche.
Sponsored