Question on option for "Door Trim Package in Leather"

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I’ve been thinking about the Race Tex for the lower portion of the B Pillar (I have the upper portion in Race Tex as a spec). Just not sure if it will look better than the Plastic. While I do not like the lower B Pillar in Plastic I think it blends better with the leather on the doors. But not really sure???
B-pillar in race-tex will look good vs. plastic. If it was carte blanche with the budget I would also order front seat side trims in leather - looks very nice.
Sponsored

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Great stuff and this will be very useful to anyone trying to decipher the Porsche codes for addl leather in their builds.

Had one question re the center console again - so as per your annotated image the only addl leather when choosing this option for $1710 is to cover the two 'bolsters' either side of the console - no addl leather by the main storage compartment (which has the arm rest) or anywhere else along the sides of the extended console - correct?

Thx Again!

PS: Guessing the 'rear outlet' referring to the rear passenger compartment - back side of console?

concole leather.png
From what I can reference with the 911, its that hump and the entire bottom piece to the rear should be the leather

I assume its the backside of the of the console, but cant confirm. Your dealer can ask exclusive for a more accurate breakdown of it

Last edited:

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
I tried to add all of those leather options but my build had locked. I didn’t push given the costs of these options. Some of these seem excessive. I do like the deviated stitching especially to add a touch to a dark interior. In this document , the red stitching picture are my car.

Thanks for putting this together.
Deviated stitching is my favorite interior detail. It breaks up the comepltly solid black or the over usage of black for the interior.

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
For the folks who have the car - does the door trim in leather option include the blue/green parts?

Porsche Taycan Question on option for "Door Trim Package in Leather" 1636697979419

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
For the folks who have the car - does the door trim in leather option include the blue/green parts?

1636697979419.png
Refer to post #2 in this thread. That post doesn't actually show a Taycan door but it's an accurate depiction of the general areas that are done in leather with the "door trim in leather" option. As noted in the post, those areas are all basically hidden when the door is closed. IMHO, I don't think the option is worth $1210.

In your picture, the blue outlined area is done in leather if you order the "Leather Interior" or "Club Leather Interior" options at $4130 and $6570 respectively. AFAIK, the area outlined in green is not leather in any of the normal option packages although Porsche might do it for you as part of their Sonderwunsch ("special wishes") program if you threw a relatively obscene amount of money at them.

Last edited:

buhhy

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT Turbo S, Lexus IS350
Country flag
Refer to post #2 in this thread. That post doesn't actually show a Taycan door but it's an accurate depiction of the general areas that are done in leather with the "door trim in leather" option. As noted in the post, those areas are all basically hidden when the door is closed. IMHO, I don't think the option is worth $1210.

In your picture, the blue outlined area is done in leather if you order the "Leather Interior" or "Club Leather Interior" options at $4130 and $6570 respectively. AFAIK, the area outlined in green is not leather in any of the normal option packages although Porsche might do it for you as part of their Sonderwunsch ("special wishes") program if you threw a relatively obscene amount of money at them.
I did see that image in post #2 but the images in the configurator threw me off. It makes me think the option changes something on the door panel. If it is indeed just the door ends, $1210 is definitely steep.
Porsche Taycan Question on option for "Door Trim Package in Leather" 1636701966222

Porsche Taycan Question on option for "Door Trim Package in Leather" 1636702023468

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, F250 Powerstroke
Country flag
I ordered the door trim leather package and I'm very happy with it. To me it's worth the money and I would order it again.

Tuerverkleidung_mit_Ziernaht.jpg
Tuerverkleidung_mit_Ziernaht2.jpg
blackberry_interior.jpg
That looks very nice.

Just to be clear, though, the only additional leather provided by the door trim option is the piece in the center of the left-hand picture as well as a small end cap at the top of the door which isn't visible in any of the pictures. All the other leather parts shown on the door are included with the full/club leather options.

Taycanfan

First Name
Viktor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne
Country flag
I ordered the door trim leather package and I'm very happy with it. To me it's worth the money and I would order it again.

blackberry_interior.jpg

blackberry_interior.jpg
It looks great ! And stand B, you have made of race-tex material, please take a picture of what the threshold looks like in this version. Are there any other chips on the salon ? It will be very useful . Thanks

Neil

First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan CT4S, Merc GLE
Country flag
Here is the list I compiled of leather trims, floor mats and seat options. There might be some parts that are are off, but its pretty accurate from my research.

These options are used in 911s due to is rarity & being collectable. I highly doubt these options will help in resale of the Taycan and they are really costly.

If leather quality is very important to you, look into the Club leather. You can get leather, but spec the steering wheel in Race-Tex
So very helpful and stopped me from making a few expensive mistakes!

Many thanks!
Sponsored