zenoliu

First Name
ZHEYU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s,992 Carrera S
Country flag
I purchased the Taycan 4s with PSCB system 1 month ago and I got great experience during this period.What's strange is that when I use the brakes in the morning, the brake pedal will make a crisp clicking sound when I start up for a while recently.The sound will disappear after about 5 to 10 minutes of driving.
When this sound is present, the kinetic energy recovery function is disabled when I apply the brakes.When the braking action is carried out, it is obvious that the brake system is working.(The bad thing is that I didn't notice before that the kinetic energy recovery system could not work when it was just started)
Recently Shanghai just entered the autumn, the weather is still very hot,So it is unlikely that the kinetic energy recovery cannot be used because of the low temperature.
When the sound disappears, the kinetic energy recovery function returns to normal,The brake pedal can be depressed to apply the brakes through the kinetic energy recovery system instead of using the brake system.
When I arrived at the office and started up again after staying there for more than 4 to 8 hours, the strange sound reappeared.But if I start the car between 1 to 2 hours, then the sound will not appear.

I would like to ask if you owners have encountered a similar situation? Thank you very much!

I recorded a video, because the phone radio capacity is limited, you guys may need to turn on the maximum volume to view.Thank you very much!

Last edited:

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
It’s to „clean“ your brakes. If the car wouldn’t do that your discs would almost never be in use, which is bad. All normal behavior.

OP
OP
zenoliu

zenoliu

First Name
ZHEYU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s,992 Carrera S
Country flag
It’s to „clean“ your brakes. If the car wouldn’t do that your discs would almost never be in use, which is bad. All normal behavior.
Thank you for your answer!So that's it, but I can be sure that in the beginning of more than 2000 km of driving does not appear such a sound.
It's a pity that I didn't pay attention to whether the kinetic energy recovery system was working at startup when I was driving in the early days.I have owned a Tesla Model 3 before,Porsche seems to be much more complicated in the brake function, :)

OP
OP
zenoliu

zenoliu

First Name
ZHEYU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s,992 Carrera S
Country flag
这是为了“清洁”你的刹车。如果汽车不这样做,您的光盘几乎永远不会被使用,这很糟糕。一切正常行为。
[/引用]
顺便问一下,你的车也发出这么清脆的声音吗?

OP
OP
zenoliu

zenoliu

First Name
ZHEYU
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s,992 Carrera S
Country flag
By the way, does your car also make such a crisp sound?

xqdong

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD 2022
Country flag
等我的车到了,我看一下是否有同样的声音