Mrceo87

First Name
Nathaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
In a few days it will be officially one year since taking delivery of my 2022 RWD Taycan. Many miles (24 miles on delivery day, 30k as of yesterday šŸ˜) driven in this car with no regrets, I purchased it to be my daily driver and it hasnā€™t disappointed. There are a couple questions I think of but never ask, I look forward to your insights.

1. Is there a difference between Sport vs. Sport Plus Chassis when I donā€™t have air suspension? If so, whatā€™s the best one and why? (I mainly drive in individual mode - Sport Plus, Sport Chassis, Regen Auto, Electric sport sound on)

2. Best summer tires? I have the RS Spider wheels and currently using Continental All Season tires (Had Pirelli P-Zeros summer tires upon delivery and they went fast but loved the stickiness)

3. Suggestions on how to minimize wear on the drivers side B-Pillar? Iā€™m 6ā€™3 and have plenty of room when inside the car, but with how low the car sits my body tends to rub alongside the B pillar when getting in and out occasionally and now starting to see the wear on it.

Porsche Taycan Questions after 1 year of ownership BF8ADA33-08C9-49ED-A822-748178A18A13

Porsche Taycan Questions after 1 year of ownership 06FBB78B-38DD-445F-8035-1FD5B6E70531

Porsche Taycan Questions after 1 year of ownership 163EE424-464A-4EB9-8E07-4CCB1BED952D

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
In a few days it will be officially one year since taking delivery of my 2022 RWD Taycan. Many miles (24 miles on delivery day, 30k as of yesterday šŸ˜) driven in this car with no regrets, I purchased it to be my daily driver and it hasnā€™t disappointed. There are a couple questions I think of but never ask, I look forward to your insights.

1. Is there a difference between Sport vs. Sport Plus Chassis when I donā€™t have air suspension? If so, whatā€™s the best one and why? (I mainly drive in individual mode - Sport Plus, Sport Chassis, Regen Auto, Electric sport sound on)

2. Best summer tires? I have the RS Spider wheels and currently using Continental All Season tires (Had Pirelli P-Zeros summer tires upon delivery and they went fast but loved the stickiness)

3. Suggestions on how to minimize wear on the drivers side B-Pillar? Iā€™m 6ā€™3 and have plenty of room when inside the car, but with how low the car sits my body tends to rub alongside the B pillar when getting in and out occasionally and now starting to see the wear on it.

BF8ADA33-08C9-49ED-A822-748178A18A13.jpeg

06FBB78B-38DD-445F-8035-1FD5B6E70531.jpeg

163EE424-464A-4EB9-8E07-4CCB1BED952D.jpeg
1. Even though you don't have air suspension you do have Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) which adjusts the settings of the shock absorbers. With Air - it adjusts both. I you prefer a stiffer setup then PASM to Sport / Sport Plus to match the drive mode may suit.

3. B-Pillar - leather, racetex or plastic? Probably just needs a brush up / some detailing to rejuvenate.

Hanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S Carmine Red
Country flag
Tyre choice is very subjective, considerations need to be assessed by yourself dependant on your personal use:
  • Use -
    • season use - summer, winter or ease of all seasons
    • grip - soft compound great for grip but does not last long, harder compound for longevity (all seasons are not ideal for max grip in summer or extreme winter temps but provide ā€˜averageā€™ for both seasons)
  • Budget/cost
Ideal is to have a set of summer tyres and a separate winter set, but then reverts back to the above bullet points.

Only other issue is size and speed rating tyres that are availabl.

In summary, itā€™s so subjective to individuals needs and wants that a single product/manufacturer is difficult to provide, only other option is to get peoples first hand experience with purchase and use.

Dr.Ericthedrill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s, Audi RS3, Nissan Serena
Country flag
Just spotted your tire pressure, are they correct?
On my door sill, the front should be 39 to 40 psi, the rear 35 psi?

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Just spotted your tire pressure, are they correct?
On my door sill, the front should be 39 to 40 psi, the rear 35 psi?
They do look off but another thing to be aware of, in case some are not, is that the pressures on the door frame usually are for a full load (4 passengers etc) and obviously different for 1 or 2 up driving - check tech in app or manual for your car.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Depends on rims and tyres fitted at the factory. The plate is set to match that.
Is it the same for the Pressure Deviation screen?

I have seen that the recommended pressure is different for the same size (21ā€) between brands. But Wht happens if you change from day Eagle F1 to Pirelli , both NFO? Can that be reprogrammed. By dealer?

Payton48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I've got some wear on my lower B pillar too and realized that it's from my phone in my pocket. Even though it stays in the pocket, it rubs as I get out.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Is it the same for the Pressure Deviation screen?

I have seen that the recommended pressure is different for the same size (21ā€) between brands. But Wht happens if you change from day Eagle F1 to Pirelli , both NFO? Can that be reprogrammed. By dealer?
I would expect so as these are the learned pressures for the wheels fitted and set in PCM at build.

WindsurfUS1111

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan RWD; 2023 Rivian R1S; 2018 Volvo XC90
Country flag
You are blessed my friend to have a base model problem free
I took delivery of my 23 RWD 12/20/22.

Iā€™ve had numerous problems - two dealerā€™s canā€™t seem to identify and fix.

carā€™s been sitting at dealers for service 5 weeks out of 12 Months of ownership, and NO indication whe

Iā€™ve set up a case number with Porsche US to take the car back and refund purchase price well as state of MD.

really a bummer- I waited so long for my dream car. As someone told me in the forum, if you want reliability get a Toyota and forget Porsches

never experienced anything like this in 50 years of car ownership

Mr.Smith

First Name
PaulS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RS E-Tron GT, VW ID.4 Pro
Country flag
Others that sit on my car ruin the B pillar. I told that dealer they need to put tape on the B pillar on door sills before getting on my car.

Also I never valet. They will destroy the B pillar

OP
OP
Mrceo87

Mrceo87

First Name
Nathaniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan RWD
Country flag
1. Even though you don't have air suspension you do have Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) which adjusts the settings of the shock absorbers. With Air - it adjusts both. I you prefer a stiffer setup then PASM to Sport / Sport Plus to match the drive mode may suit.

3. B-Pillar - leather, racetex or plastic? Probably just needs a brush up / some detailing to rejuvenate.

My B Pillar is plastic, considering going the Race Tex route.

JerryLNK

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22TAYCAN, 21MB C300, 23BMW X3
Country flag

Your post appealed to me for a couple of reasons.

First, I, too, am approaching the 1-year mark on my 2022 RWD. I've been concerned about putting 17,500 miles on it. So, it was great to read about your 30K miles in one year. I always find excuses to "run errands" and usually return empty-handed but satisfied. Such an exceptional car that is best when driven.

Second, I live in the Midwest where summers are hot and humid. The P-Zero's are the best or at least I have found them to perform the best. Sticky, supple, and quiet. Those are also reasons why the treads wear down quickly. Equally as good, I run Sottozero's in the winter. Aside from occasional ground clearance issues during a major snowstorm, it beats driving any one of those massive SUV's....and that's for a RWD.

Happy miles!

RGBArgee

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4SCrossT.992 Turbo S.Audi S3 8Y, MG Midget
Country flag

BF8ADA33-08C9-49ED-A822-748178A18A13.jpeg

06FBB78B-38DD-445F-8035-1FD5B6E70531.jpeg

163EE424-464A-4EB9-8E07-4CCB1BED952D.jpeg
3. My Drivers side B Pillar is Plastic... I've covered with Black Duck Tape. Not too obvious and does the trick. Bit of a PITA though..