Radio Favorites Dissappearing

CxM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I guess this is an ongoing issue with no fix? Anyone find a workaround to keep favorites?
Sponsored

Mr Hockey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Calendar update today and all my radio favorites disappeared again - why?
I called Porsche ten days ago to report the issue and they told me it would take a couple of days to get a response from the their technical team. So far, nothing more from Porsche. Guess that expecting any follow up from them is a bridge too far….

rs38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan,gt2,i8
Country flag
the "disappearing favorites and POIs" (I guess it's the same reason) is linked since at least March or April to a "master ticket" in Porsches Jira tracking system which they obviously share with Audi.
But no solutions :(

kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
Two days ago I got 11 updates for the PCM. One of them was for the favorites. The ones I had saved were deleted. But now the looks changed. It works much better than before. Adding my previous favorites was easy.

Mr Hockey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
the "disappearing favorites and POIs" (I guess it's the same reason) is linked since at least March or April to a "master ticket" in Porsches Jira tracking system which they obviously share with Audi.
But no solutions :(
Thanks - I suspected from various posts that this was a larger issue. It was interesting that the Porsche Connect rep couldn’t find anything in the database but more frustrating is their continuing lack of follow up. It’s a disappointing black hole, or worse, if it’s an attitudinal one….

Mr Hockey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Two days ago I got 11 updates for the PCM. One of them was for the favorites. The ones I had saved were deleted. But now the looks changed. It works much better than before. Adding my previous favorites was easy.
Hoping this is THE fix. I only had maybe a dozen favorite radio channels set so I gave up and just re-added them. I’ve been in the software business for a long time so these things are not uncommon. It’s been a series of issues in the first 30 days that’s frustrating.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
Reviving and old thread. All my favorite radio channels (over air and Sirius/XM) all disappeared. At first I figured they would reappear next time I started the car. 3 days and they have not returned.

I did notice that prior to that, the Sirus/XM channels had grayed out. Then they came back when I used the <joker> button, but my list is empty now.

Anyone come up with a work around or do I just need to manually re-add them?
\

Peter W

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hammeryachts.com
Vehicles
2021 Taycan CT -2016 Cayenne-1997 911 vesuvio grey
Country flag
I had seen the thread before, it had not happened to me until this week. Lost all favorites. Quite annoying. First time in 4500 miles / 3 months.

RoseyPSU

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Aston Martin Vantage
Country flag
Anyone come up with a work around or do I just need to manually re-add them?
\
As far as I can tell, it's just a thing that happens at random. I'll go weeks without losing favorites and then it will happen 3 days in a row. All of my software is up to date as far as I know. Luckily, I have the passenger screen and drive my daughter to school every day, so she just adds them all back when they disappear.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As far as I can tell, it's just a thing that happens at random. I'll go weeks without losing favorites and then it will happen 3 days in a row. All of my software is up to date as far as I know. Luckily, I have the passenger screen and drive my daughter to school every day, so she just adds them all back when they disappear.
Thanks. Added mine all back. So far so good. Just another software quirk.

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I’ve owned my car since early August. Basically the Favorites only last a week at best for me. It’s the most annoying quirk that I’ve experienced.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’ve owned my car since early August. Basically the Favorites only last a week at best for me. It’s the most annoying quirk that I’ve experienced.
I agree, but the interior alarm turning itself on when I specifically uncheck it in the PCM is a bit more annoying as it does it daily. Since my alarm goes off when on my slight incline driveway, I have to make sure I double click the FOB to lock the car if I forgot to turn it off in the PCM (so no locking via comfort access).

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
I agree, but the interior alarm turning itself on when I specifically uncheck it in the PCM is a bit more annoying as it does it daily. Since my alarm goes off when on my slight incline driveway, I have to make sure I double click the FOB to lock the car if I forgot to turn it off in the PCM (so no locking via comfort access).
You win. That’s worse. Guess I’m lucky that I haven’t run into that. It does however like to warn me and tighten the steering wheel when I’m driving as an alert to pay attention even though I am with hands on the wheel, etc.

HockeyDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Anyone figure out a fix for this? I’ve re-added my favorites twice this week so far.

Reactions: OJC

OJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT (for sale), Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
Anyone figure out a fix for this? I’ve re-added my favorites twice this week so far.
I’m having exactly the same issue. Had it from new on both our 4S and now on our 4S CT.

Does anyone have any ideas?
I’ve mentioned it to my OPC but they haven’t been forthcoming with a fix.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Sponsored