Radio Favorites Dissappearing

GRV

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X7 | Tesla Model 3 | Taycan 4s (MY21)
Country flag
As a time stamp, this just started happening to me this week. Rebooted the PCM to no effect.
Sponsored

Vfr750Rouge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4 / Cayenne / Jeep Wrangler Willys
Country flag
Happened to me last night first time, waiting for kid at soccer...
Listening peacefully music, car ON in park, suddenly car logged out itself no input nor action from my side, went to Guest...Music stopped to change to default Sirius. I switch off the car (with side button) and re start, car log in no issue but ALL favorites (radio and GPS) were lost.

Before logging out it self the car light up big red bar on the both front door near the latch never seen that before.

For what worth...

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
As a time stamp, this just started happening to me this week. Rebooted the PCM to no effect.
I had it happen the one time, and I gave it a couple of days and they never returned. Had to re-add manually.

My biggest issue these days is favorites do not show when I start the car (it plays the last radio channel I was on) and then it waits for CarPlay to connect which then turns off the radio and "ASSUMES" I want to listen to Spotify from my phone and I hit the MEDIA button and still no music and no favorites. Finally the favorites show up about 5 minutes into the drive. At least I have the Electric sound to enjoy in the silence LOL

YawningFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This keeps happening to me too. Sirius has never worked on my car, so I rely on the FM radio. However, my saved stations never stay. I would use CarPlay, but that only wants to connect every third time in the car. :headbang:

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I have this same problem and it’s driving me nuts. I’ve figured out a way to get the favorites up but it requires a weird cycle through the same menus twice. Really poorly set up .
So my unscientific study seems to boil down to the PCM and wireless CarPlay having a wrestling match every time I get in the car. The radio will come on and music play and then at some point (sometimes very quickly and others a couple of minutes) the sound goes out and I can see on the PCM (on the media screen) the podcast and Carplay icon (he last one not sure if that is what it is called). If I turn off wifi on my iphone, the radio comes back. If I hit the home button on the left of the PCM and then CarPlay it usually goes to my Waze screen, and I can select Spotify on the left. Music does not always play until I go select it in Spotify. Other times it plays the last song. If I hit Media on the lower screen icon, it goes back to the radio, but sometimes will not play for what seems like a long time and if I hit favorites, will not select them when you touch them.

Eventually, everything works. But a short drive to the corner store could mean no music. At least I have the Electric Sound to listen to! :)

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
After 2 months’ ownership my MY22 CT has forgotten its media favourites for the first time. Super annoying as some of the online radios took ages to find because they have super common names. Might be a coincidence but the map auto updated earlier today.

Previously the car would forget at random it’s Bose sound settings. I’ve connected the calendar to my work calendar and it regularly notified me of events at the wrong time because it gets confused with it’s own time zone.

Most baffling to think that Porsche ships software that forgets its settings and even worse is that it’s been over a year since people have been reporting these issues and still these issues continue to happen regularly. This is the kind of paper cut big that an intern could solve before his first coffee break in the morning but Porsche can’t figure it out.

There’s definitely an A team working in torque vectoring, stability control etc, and then there’s all the guys who didn’t make the cut who’ve been sent to work on infotainment. And the latter group doesn’t seem to take any pride in the quality of its work

pEAkfrEAk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S [MY2022]
Country flag
After 2 months’ ownership my MY22 CT has forgotten its media favourites for the first time. Super annoying as some of the online radios took ages to find because they have super common names.
Get used to it and don't put to much effort in your media favorites. It will happen again. After my car lost the favorites more than ten times since Oct 2021 (yesterday the last time), I only have my two main radio stations saved as favorite.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
This is a known issue with every MIB3 car. All recent Audi cars have the exact same issue (because it's the same infotainment hardware and software except for the top layer).

This is the most recent TSB from Audi about this problem: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10199946-0001.pdf

That one is from August 2021 where they said a fix is coming early 2022. Early 2021 they said a fix was coming mid 2021. Mid 2020 they said a fix was coming early 2021.

Don't expect much. Maybe it'll be fixed when everyone gets the new PCM interface.

Old man

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4 cross Turismo 2022 VWSportwagen TDI 20
Country flag
This is a known issue with every MIB3 car. All recent Audi cars have the exact same issue (because it's the same infotainment hardware and software except for the top layer).

This is the most recent TSB from Audi about this problem: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10199946-0001.pdf

That one is from August 2021 where they said a fix is coming early 2022. Early 2021 they said a fix was coming mid 2021. Mid 2020 they said a fix was coming early 2021.

Don't expect much. Maybe it'll be fixed when everyone gets the new PCM interface.
I think this problem is long-standing. I had an Audi A6 2015 that frequently lost favorite Sirius stations. My wife has a 2015 VW Sportwagen but it has never had the problem. My MY 22 CT has already done it a couple of times. VW must have better engineering that Porsche/ Audi I guess…

tutis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche
Country flag
Just a quick nudge to let you know that after a 2 month hiatus, the PCM amnesia strikes again.

I know this isn't a life or death function but it seriously leaves a bad impression not because they've let this bug through in Q&A, but because it's been 2 years since the Taycan came out and they are still unable to implement a favourite list that sticks in the car.

Porsche couldn't write code if its life depended on it... Porsche should just admit as much and make their infotainment a reskin of what Google offers with Android for Automotive. This is just a shambles

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
While not directly related to radio/infotainment favorites, a similar issue plagues the GPS system. The recent destinations and HOME and WORK addresses disappear on a regular basis. Every time my wife re-enters our HOME address she needles me by asking how much we paid for this car.

Perhaps the same lame software team works on the infotainment and GPS apps.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
While not directly related to radio/infotainment favorites, a similar issue plagues the GPS system. The recent destinations and HOME and WORK addresses disappear on a regular basis. Every time my wife re-enters our HOME address she needles me by asking how much we paid for this car.

Perhaps the same lame software team works on the infotainment and GPS apps.
It is related, it's just PCM-only user data that gets lost. Radio favourites, saved locations and recent destinations are all in the same storage type it appears.

Darius

First Name
Darius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4 Cross Turismo
Country flag
Its the strangest thing if Apple car play connects your favorite will not play until you use the phone. You can say Hey Porsche play ——— station and it will play but the response is so slow.

fgwinn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY22 FBM CT4 (sold), MY23 EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Country flag
It is related, it's just PCM-only user data that gets lost. Radio favourites, saved locations and recent destinations are all in the same storage type it appears.
The HOME and WORK addresses seem to exhibit the same behavior as Radio favorites, meaning they have to be re-entered. The recent destinations usually reappear when you are not looking, as if the Porsche software engineers are teasing the Taycan owners.
Sponsored