Random backup camera window - does anyone else have this?

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
About one per week, always in stop-and-go traffic, I'll hear a beep and then the backup camera window pops up.

Just me or is this a known bug with the Tayan software?
Sponsored

Hirschaj

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4 - Mamba Green, 2022 Challenger
Country flag
Yep, happens a lot when the sensors detect an object they think is too close. I assume they all behave this way.

caslca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TTS
Country flag
This is an automated function. The car thinks you're pulling into a parking spot and turns the front camera on. Happens all the time to me at stop lights. A bit annoying tbh. I've mapped the rhs custom button to turn the cams on/off to get the cams back if i need to.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
About one per week, always in stop-and-go traffic, I'll hear a beep and then the backup camera window pops up.

Just me or is this a known bug with the Tayan software?
Perfectly normal as per other Porsche cars. Car behind is too close.

You can disable auto launch of Park Assist in the PCM but this will disable in all use cases and can be operated manually.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Yes if the car behind stops too close, or you get too close to the car in front the appropriate camera comes on.

OP
OP

j.w.s

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS, 2024 Rivian R1S
Country flag
This is an automated function. The car thinks you're pulling into a parking spot and turns the front camera on. Happens all the time to me at stop lights. A bit annoying tbh. I've mapped the rhs custom button to turn the cams on/off to get the cams back if i need to.
Thanks everyone for the info. It's still an annoying behavior, and the software should be tweaked to trigger less often, but at least there is an explanation. And, yes, drivers on the bridges in San Francisco do tend to tailgate quite often - and it's especially annoying given that the Taycan rear window is very high, making the cars look even closer.
Sponsored