whan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Ferrari 458, Lexus GX460
Country flag
There's no chance this does anything other than slightly reduce throttle at certain times. How is it going to 'balance other electrical systems' when all it does is change the output of the accelerator pedal sensor?
Agree, if it was so easy to increase range, Porsche would've already done it. TBH, the Taycan's range mode probably does what this chip claims to do (and more given it can control transmission shift points).

The only thing that plausibly could increase range easily if modified, would be increasing the usable capacity of the battery above 83.7kwh, since total is 93.4kwh, but this would come at a potential cost of battery longevity. Most people believe Tesla's usable capacity is a lot closer to total, while Porsche is conservative

OP
OP
Rob28

Rob28

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan GTS, '22 Lexus NX350 (Wife's)
Country flag
Thanks for the comments all - I am not convinced with this chip but I can be made a believer. Doesn't sound like anyone uses it though.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Reminds me of the 'tornado' air intake insert from the 90s. :rolleyes:

mokre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
taycan 4s
Country flag
How you drive will probably make a far bigger difference than any possible add on.

If range is a concern then accelerating gently and coasting appropriately will use far less energy…but you might suffer a bit from boredom ;)

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, 991.2 GT3
Country flag
This thing just intercepts and modifies the accelerator pedal signal to the ECU, might as well go buy a Leaf. Wonder how much of a safety issue it could become since the car will not respond how it expect it will.

ThePaddyWan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Polestar 2, Maverick
Country flag
There's no chance this does anything other than slightly reduce throttle at certain times. How is it going to 'balance other electrical systems' when all it does is change the output of the accelerator pedal sensor?
I agree makes no sense. It might be somewhat plausible if you're connecting it directly to the ECU or something, placebo effect at best here.

Ambroos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (RWD)
Country flag
I suspect for a Tesla it could help by making the accelerator stay closer to the coasting position more often, since coasting has far less losses than regen/acceleration. The Taycan, with the default neutral position already being perfect coasting, would not benefit.

Even then, it's just a stupid product.
Sponsored