kreshi

First Name
hansi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4s
Country flag
More and more proof how Tesla is (excuse me) BULLSHITTING everyone. I have no idea how this is even allowed/legal. I will start building my own car and say it will have 5000 miles of range and 5000hp. Real world will be way different, but who cares? Tesla customers seem not to..

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
More and more proof how Tesla is (excuse me) BULLSHITTING everyone. I have no idea how this is even allowed/legal. I will start building my own car and say it will have 5000 miles of range and 5000hp. Real world will be way different, but who cares? Tesla customers seem not to..
agreed the fan bois over at tesla motor club forum would launch into convulsions when they read this.

Reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
They referred to Tesla as “ultra-luxurious” so they must have tested a different car than they currently sell ;)

It appears that Tesla’s range-finder remains resolutely married to the efficiency promised — that original estimation of 491 km — no matter how much energy it’s actually consuming. In fact, the farther we drove, the greater the disparity between the range the Tesla was predicting was left versus the actual — the miles calculated from the amount of battery charge left multiplied by its consumption. The same calculations for the Taycan, by comparison, were always right on.
There are always excuses for not hitting the range, but I think the above is a worse issue. If you can’t have an accurate estimate it makes for tough planning.

Last edited:

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
They referred to Tesla as “ultra-luxurious” so they must have tested a different car than they currently sell ;)

There are always excuses for not hitting the range, but I think the above is a worse issue. If you can’t have an accurate estimate it makes for tough planning.
as for planning, as you drive the car on more extended trips you will gain a good grasp of what to expect range wise from the car, excepting climatic events and severe elevation changes.
in the tesla there is a screen that depicts the actual usage and projects usage base on the prior 30 miles or so, that screen will give an accurate picture of how far you will be able to travel at the speed you are traveling at. in all of my teslas you would need to be around 55-65 mph to try to hit the claimed range numbers, in the taycan what you see is what you get for the most part when driving under 80 mph.
Sponsored