OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Range mode is noticeable but not by a huge margin i think (sitting slower with aero helps) but for me AC eco or not isn't a game changer in winter but i got a heat pump so maybe that's another story if it is not specced :rolleyes:. We need some Taycan's experts insights about the heatpump gain ;)
That was one of the questions I had. I was wondering when taking a longer trip and the heat generated by driving 120-130 km/h for a longer time would be enough for the heat pump to make a real difference. On the range calculator on the website it doesn’t really make a big difference. Only a couple of km with or without.
Sponsored

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Congrats on collecting your car! Long wait wasn’t it. Is it everything you expected?
I will collect it on Thursday, so still waiting but not long to go now.

kmcdonal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan 350Z, Subaru WRX
Country flag
The numbers you report, is this when you leave with a cold car at home and drive to the resort for lets say 100 miles? Or also for driving 600 miles on the highway at 25 F and charging a couple of times.

I think if I drive around in the skiresort at 10 F the range will be really low but I can charge at the hotel so that’s ok.

I have done some driving in the alps
and it is amazing how accurate the range estimate is even with serious elevation difference.

There are a lot of variables here, but I was mostly talking about leaving from home with the car in a garage that is just above freezing. That said, I have many times left it out in temps as low as -15F overnight. There is an additional penalty to get the car and battery warmed up, but that is a temporary one-time hit to the battery charge level. Hard to say exactly how big that hit was, but a rough guess would be like 10%.

Valen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Eva Ribelle RS
Country flag
That was one of the questions I had. I was wondering when taking a longer trip and the heat generated by driving 120-130 km/h for a longer time would be enough for the heat pump to make a real difference. On the range calculator on the website it doesn’t really make a big difference. Only a couple of km with or without.
Yes but range calculator on the website is a "more or less" tool. It doesn't take in account "speed", "rain", or cabin temperature (some like it hot). But i agree that even if it's around 850 euros i don't think it has a major impact on range

OP
OP
McgR

McgR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4
Country flag
Someone posted something interesting on the Belgium forum. In order to have his battery at the right temperature he sets his temp at 29.5 degrees which results in a battery temperature of 25 degrees Celsius on departure. His range with 7 degrees outside is the same as with warmer temperatures.

I don’t know from a energy point of view this makes sense. And for comfort for me certainly not.

but probably as I thought this also means that with driving highway speeds and super charging 3-4 times on a 1000 Km trip the battery can maintain a optimal temperature and range could still be quite ok
Sponsored