Rare spotting in the U.K. (considering dealers are still closed!) - looks fresh off the transporter

Triyanya

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo - X3M Comp - URBAN Defender 90
Country flag
Sorry about the image quality, grabbed from car despite lockdown! - over the weekend / Exeter / - looks as if straight from the transporter / those wheels don’t look dealer spec so someone’s lucky day is near (jealous as my turbo has gone from May to end jul)
Porsche Taycan Rare spotting in the U.K. (considering dealers are still closed!) - looks fresh off the transporter 0B62B5D2-45A4-402C-BE13-B49C0CC65EA6
Sponsored

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
Same dates as mine pal, where are you getting your Turbo from?

OP
OP

Triyanya

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo - X3M Comp - URBAN Defender 90
Country flag
Same dates as mine pal, where are you getting your Turbo from?
Silverstone ... - order confirmed 5mins after the official launch last year - it’s been a long wait ! .... / dealer comms have been good so far to be fair to them / expect delays on a new car etc and with everything else going on etc - they’re still waiting on demonstrators!

exav8tor

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330e
Country flag
Here is one from Porsche Sutton Coldfield - sitting lonely in the dealership window.
Porsche Taycan Rare spotting in the U.K. (considering dealers are still closed!) - looks fresh off the transporter IMG_1784

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (soon), Etron Launch edition (soon) EX 911 Targa 4s and Cayenne hybrid (2010)
Country flag
The Newcastle dealership has a 4s and `turbo in the window both in white, the 4s has massively high spec

Gogs

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 911 4S, Range Rover Sport Hybrid, Range Rover Vouge
Country flag
Aberdeen have one in the showroom as well. Still closed for lockdown.

Lfcdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Here is one from Porsche Sutton Coldfield - sitting lonely in the dealership window.
IMG_1784.jpg
That’s quite a high spec 4s too, shose wheels, pano roof and the sports design kit
We obviously don’t know what extras they have added inside

its weird they haven’t upgraded the brakes though

the one in the Newcastle showroom has the mission e wheels, sports front but with the upgraded brakes

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Please tell me the factory delivered vehicles don't have the number plate holder fitted by default, as it looks like the case in the picture posted by @Triyanya :fingerscrossed:

I'm looking to put a smaller plate holder on for a 5 character reg number

I know @Gogs is hopeful of this as well.

Austin_yeahbaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, replaced my 911 ;-)
Country flag
Has anyone confirmed that the number plate holder comes pre bolted on?

looks like it but not sure if they attach with all two screws or just the two inner ones which would be fine

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
Has anyone confirmed that the number plate holder comes pre bolted on?

looks like it but not sure if they attach with all two screws or just the two inner ones which would be fine
In the US, they are delivered with no holes in the from the bumper. (Well, mine was delivered that way, thankfully.). Not all US states require a front plate, though with the rise of License Plate reading tracker cameras, that will probably change.

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
In the US, they are delivered with no holes in the from the bumper. (Well, mine was delivered that way, thankfully.). Not all US states require a front plate, though with the rise of License Plate reading tracker cameras, that will probably change.
California requires a front plate, but you can often opt not to have it installed. Porsche dealers here seem to give customers the option, though you do have to sign a waiver to the effect that you know that a front plate is legally required. There are a number of companies that sell license plate holders that screw into the tow hook threads in the front bumper, if you need to display a front plate...

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
California requires a front plate, but you can often opt not to have it installed. Porsche dealers here seem to give customers the option, though you do have to sign a waiver to the effect that you know that a front plate is legally required. There are a number of companies that sell license plate holders that screw into the tow hook threads in the front bumper, if you need to display a front plate...
Don't dare go and park in Palo Alto without a front plate. The Parking enforcement people uses it as a revenue enhancement. Tickets. Lots of tickets.

awharton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS, Mercedes EQC400
Country flag
Please tell me the factory delivered vehicles don't have the number plate holder fitted by default, as it looks like the case in the picture posted by @Triyanya :fingerscrossed:

I'm looking to put a smaller plate holder on for a 5 character reg number

I know @Gogs is hopeful of this as well.
Same

porsche_coyote

First Name
Wiley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW ID.4 AWD Pro S, BMW i3
Country flag
Don't dare go and park in Palo Alto without a front plate. The Parking enforcement people uses it as a revenue enhancement. Tickets. Lots of tickets.
Yep. I have the tow hook mount holder for my 911 precisely for trips to Palo Alto and San Francisco. Either city views fussy car owners as a revenue opportunity.
Sponsored