Rattling sound from rear seats area

mcr21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Rattling sound from rear seats

For the last couple of weeks there's been a consistent rattling sound from the rear seats area (as per linked audio file). Typically I can hear it when breaking and accelerating at low speeds (sub 10-15 mph). Any advice on the cause and how to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Sponsored

STLLTH

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4; Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
I'm having the same issue. I swear I've looked in every corner of the car to find it including shaking the rear passenger doors to see if maybe one of the clips broke off. I'm dropping mine off at the dealer for some other work and I'm definitely going to ask them to investigate. I'll let you know what if anything they find.

jetbox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
Me too. I thought it was the seatbelts but not tracked it down yet

Slink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan Turbo S, 2017 991.2. TTS, 2013 C4S
Country flag
Mine had a rattle caused by the rear shelf vibrating against the metal below it. I got in the truck on my back with the rear seats down and put some foam in between. The metal has many cutouts that make good places to put the foam.

V10tdi

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 GTS 991.2,discovery sport, defender 90 300tdi
Country flag
Hi
i had the same was awful turned out to be the rear door panel dealer fixed it when they did the big software update but had the car three days
I ended up sitting in the back while better half drive to track it down I used micro fibre towel between door for a few weeks to stop it
I have a similar one on the front passenger door not sure if it’s clips but tbh pretty poor on a £100k plus car

mystermykee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 IGM
Country flag
I had this rattle/squeak back in August 2022….they had to pull both rear tires and adjust suspension….poof….no more squeak/rattle…
Same.

To the OP, if it's a higher pitched rattle/squeak it's most likely coming from the rear suspension. In my case, they put lube to fix.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I'm having the same issue on bumby roads. Did you figure out what it is? It's actually kind of embarrassing.
No, it’s so infrequent and doesn’t bother me. If it gets worse or becomes constant, I’ll look into it.

First Name
Anderson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag

For the last couple of weeks there's been a consistent rattling sound from the rear seats area (as per linked audio file). Typically I can hear it when breaking and accelerating at low speeds (sub 10-15 mph). Any advice on the cause and how to fix this would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mine had the same problem on the first week driving it. I took it to dealer and the problem was on the trunk closing mechanism. They adjusted and tightened it in a few minutes and the noise disappeared. They mentioned had seen the same in other Taycans as well.

STLLTH

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4; Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag

Thanks!
I took mine in for service and they actually discovered what was making the sound. They said it was a loose screw in the rear floor board. The had to pull up the rear carpet to get to it.
Sponsored