Prit

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4, Aspiring GTS ST owner.
Country flag
I take delivery in the next week or so. It's sitting at the port in Houston.

One reason I felt comfortable making the switch, was I had a RWD (without the PB+) loaner for about a week, which I used for 100% of my daily routine. Although it wasn't nearly as fast straight line, it still had plenty of passing speed, which I value more, and was still a blast to drive.

Considering the CT4 with it's standard PB+ is faster than the RWD Taycan, I knew I would be fine making the jump. I really love the 4S, but I already had a Performance Tesla before it and was over the straight line acceleration, and the handling is really what I love about Porsche. Although I could have gotten a CT4S, I had a hard time justifying the extra cost for a few tenths of speed that I already knew from owning a 4S I hardly needed.
Ok your use case and context is very similar to mine. I currently have a Model Y Performance and was worried about the Porsche being “slower”. I had a RWD for a weekend and fell in love with the preciseness and experience, and decided to jump ship. I trust that the reduction in standstill performance will be remedied by the overall experience. I should get mine in Jan.

Bonx

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 330d, Taycan CT4S on order
Country flag
Does anyone know whether the car in the video is ’White’ or ‘Carrara White Metallic”? I like the Taycan in white with contrasting black roof etc but I’m debating which white to choose.

Last edited:

mdrobc1213

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M4, Taycan CT4, 992 Carrera,
Country flag
Good review.. Liked it and spec'd my CT4 for me not the next owner tho also! LOL

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
I enjoyed the review but 3 things he said were "must haves" are, for me "wastes of money", painted key, sport sound and electric charge hatch and whilst he had spent a fair bit on the exterior options I am an old bloke who doesn't care what other people think my car looks like so spent most on the interior - which is the bit I see and interact with.

I am still in two minds about PDCC though, as an engineer I appreciate it and the potential for better ride but it is very expensive and I am pretty sure I don't need it.

I have specified my car for my own enjoyment not to suit the next owner.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
This chap lives down the road from me - he has some lovely cars!
Sponsored