Gru

First Name
Damien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Sport Turismo - 20"
Country flag
i wanted to share my experience after reaching 10000 km on highways in 5 months, driving in Belgium, France, Italy, Germany and Switzerland:
- i always prepare my trips (favoring Ionity), with a charge at destination around 20-25%. I tried Tesla Supercharger once but cables are too short on most of the charging spots.
- i use ABRP to plan the best route, then set up the onboard navigation with the charging stops (from one to another). I use in parallel Waze, to make sure i get the latest road hazards
- had to wait (5mn) only once when arriving at a station: it was during last weekend of July, busiest one in Europe.
- charging starts around 200kW, goes down to 100kW when close to 70%.
- Plug and Charge works … randomly. I never understood what makes it work or not…
- had only once a problem. Car was charging after connecting via Plug and Charge. I was playing with the PCM, and suddenly PCM rebooted. Car was still charging, but when i wanted to stop charging… it wouldn’t stop ! I called the hotline: they were fast, and able to stop it remotely. But car still wouldn’t free the cable 🤦🏻‍♂️. After asking the brand / model, hotline told me to go inside, and press on the key the lock then unlock buttons between 5 to 7 times. I did it 6 times 🤷🏻‍♂️ ... and it worked 🙄😄

I was in Paris yesterday, parked in underground parking Tronchet/Madeleine: they have more than 500 charging spots, and 2 levels for only EV. Tens of grey Tesla parked... and a poor guy couldn’t find his 😆
Sponsored