First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Morning all,

like many of you, I’ve been patiently waiting for my new GTS ST.

This year alone we have witnesed the following:
( in no certain order)

War in Ukraine which has impacted a number of key components including wiring looms. ( poor people)

Felicity Ace Sinking ( suspicious to say the least)

Ongoing microprocessor supply issues

Race Tex supply & manufacturing issues

Bose & Burmeister hi Fi delays

12v Battery fire

Port staff on Strike

Price Increases

Many of these issues are out with Porsches control clearly.
What I cannot condone is the continual radio silence from the majority of dealers and Porsche UK.

The GTS is my dream car and after experiencing what the car is capable of during PEC I was even more smitten.
Since then, I’ve felt little other than frustration & resentment which grows every passing month.
I can sense many of you feel the same way.
Patience is not one of my strong points. When I ordered January the estimate was July or August which turned out to be nothing more than a dream.
Then we went to October, January 2023 and as I’ve mentioned previously, my dealer has 1 GTS ST allocated per month from September which positions me at sometime August 2023 at best.

By my estimate and at the current inflationary run rates, come next August my car will have increased by at least 10% best case scenario. Electricity could be at 75p per Kw and the appeal lessens significantl.

In my opinion, Porsche should have adopted Teslas approach ( model S & X) where you simply pay £100 and are added to a waiting list rather than this constant month on month orders being pushed back.

The best my dealer of Porsche UK can advise is to wait until late Q4 where the UK’s allocations for 2023 will be announced.
This is simply not good enough, given the amount of us waiting for all models; they should be bringing this forward.
For the record, I work in the large medical device industry and am well aware of supply chain challenges. That said, we are more open with our customer base.

I’m quickly approaching decision time.

As always, keen to hear everyone’s views.
Sponsored

Last edited:

MrBlueSky

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S
Country flag
I can understand your frustration and I have been waiting patiently for my 4S since last December. I now have a November build/December delivery which, in all honesty, I don’t believe will be met. The truth is, it’s not just Porsche and I have been waiting for a motorbike since last November with delivery deadlines constantly missed. Interestingly, their communications have also been crap.

I have now temporarily switched off in terms of expectation and excitement for both. When they finally look like they will actually arrive, I will start to enjoy the purchases again. Until then? I’ll just park it all.

I absolutely get that I’m fortunate to be able to do so and it’s a Taycan (to my spec) that I want so waiting it is.

In terms of Porsche communications, it’s poor. They don’t ‘get it’ but they don’t have to when demand outstrips supply (regardless of the reason).

Stick with it if you can - you’re always going to want a GTS ST (as I want a CT4S) and there’s nothing worse than regret and looking back thinking what if.

Schn3ll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Panamera e-hybrid, 2018 Carrera T, 2012 Volt
Country flag
I get the frustration completely. I had a deposit for 6 months on a CT and no movement and by sheer luck found a 500 mile dealer demo car that was close enough to what I wanted, that I decided to just pull the trigger and cancel my order.

The car I found was a 2021 sedan and even at sticker price with $23k in options it was still $17k less than the car I specced. I also was worried about the tax credit going away (which it did), price increases (also occurred) and further delays due to supply chain crisis.

My suggestion, find a used Taycan now and enjoy it. The stress and worry isn’t worth it. If you can find a good deal on a car you’d be happy with, take it.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
I’d say leave the deposit there - if you get something else then so be it. When the taycan comes you could end up with a profit or could get it sooner… take the chance!

simcity

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Taycan Turbo, Eletre R (on order)
Country flag
I can understand your frustration and I have been waiting patiently for my 4S since last December. I now have a November build/December delivery which, in all honesty, I don’t believe will be met. The truth is, it’s not just Porsche and I have been waiting for a motorbike since last November with delivery deadlines constantly missed. Interestingly, their communications have also been crap.
Been waiting for my Taycan Turbo since early November 2021. Build slot is 21 October. Hoping it will get here by Christmas. You’d be naive to think it would be hiccup free on the basis of what’s happened so far this year…

By way of comparison with two wheels; I ordered an MV Agusta Superveloce limited ed. Ago last year too, was due to be built in June, but that too has been delayed by around 4 months with an unknown component shortage. They have £10K of my deposit, so twice what I’ve put down on the T. And have been pathetic in comms. But I’ve come to expect that of MV generally.

On the other hand I’ve had a 30th anniversary Fireblade SP which actually arrived in timely fashion mid year. Barely 6 weeks late. Luckily no Tsunami or earthquakes affecting Japanese factories!

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
I've had my car 3 weeks. I waited for it for 14 months and 2 days! Depends on what you want. If its your dream car then wait because it won't disappoint. If its not then look for something else. But be warned these issues that have affected Porsche aren't all exclusive to them! Other top marques have been impacted too. Unless you want to buy used you are going to wait for most high end cars. With a caveat that other car company comms may be better than Porsche shite comms.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Car dealers are as bad as each other in my expereince, it's a case of who is least bad. Unless you can find another car that you are happy with (not easy vs a Taycan GTS ST!) I'd keep your order in, others are clearly in the same boat and may cancel with the long wait (especially if/when the economy turns sour later this year) so your delivery might improve at short notice.

A friend has a Tesla model Y on order, was told May delivery when he ordered in Feb this year, then it slipped to July and has now gone out to November. Ironically he cancelled an Audi Q4 E-tron order because he lost patience when Audi pushed it out to November (from July)!

I also understand that heavily optioned cars make a lot more profit for the dealer so these orders may naturally receive priority in situations the dealer receives extra build slots or customer cancellations.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
I’m quickly approaching decision time.
In short: I’d keep your order, while I’d try to find used Taycan as well.

just my $0.02 (actually, €).

LLA53

First Name
Iain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE Grey Taycan 4S
Country flag
As frustrating as it is I can shed some light on the lack of communication. I run a business that imports industrial mechanical plant. The plant is manufactured / assembled in Italy, many components come from various locations such as electronic controllers from an Italian controller supplier but they rely on chips and electronic components from outside the EU etc. The component suppliers have had enough of the constant demand for delivery dates so they now just give a date sometime in the future. The plant manufacturers in turn use this date to estimate a build date for the unit. They then pass this date to my company and we advise our customer accordingly. Once all the components have arrived at our Italian manufacturer it takes (depending on size of unit) 4 to 5 days to build, having waited 10 to 12 weeks for the parts. (pre covid) 20 - 30 weeks post covid. The day arrives when all components are in stock to start the build and without any notice whatsoever from the component suppliers they simply dont arrive. So it’s Monday we are due to collect the unit on Friday and are now told it’s delayed 4 days prior to collection day, however it isn’t the manufacturers fault, it’s several layers deeper than this. When this first happened I would go mental at our manufacturer for not communicating this earlier, but how could they if they themselves were led to believe the delivery wouldn’t be an issue. They are as frustrated as we are.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
suspicious to say the least)
Wait…what?

Are you saying that this wasn’t real? Or that VAG made it happen? Or what.

If I were you, I would cancel the car, as should all customers in front of me. I could then get a CT early.

Just my 2 cents as they say.

OP
OP
G7SUM

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
Wait…what?

Are you saying that this wasn’t real? Or that VAG made it happen? Or what.

If I were you, I would cancel the car, as should all customers in front of me. I could then get a CT early.

Just my 2 cents as they say.
I suggest you read the full report before making silly comments like that.

mikeyyn

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S. BMW X5, Golf GTi,
Country flag
I suggest you read the full report before making silly comments like that.
It wasn’t me making the silly comments. I try not to believe conspiracy theories.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I am sure things will have changed by next year.

The number of financial shocks for the average UK household is going to be massive.

There will be cancelled orders a plenty imo.

I look at the current Rolex bubble as a bellweather.
Shortages..... Stupid wait lists......hype...... Ridiculous used values.....'to the moon' speculators.

then suddenly crypto crashed and this happened. Most dealers won't even make offers now. Loads of sellers and no buyers. And dealers have started calling again - first time in years.

Rolex GMT BLNR.

Porsche Taycan Ready to throw in the towel Screenshot_20220813-163951_Chrono24

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
And it is true that the rich have deep pockets.

But they also have big houses with big mortgages and big heating bills. And many are business owners too.

The writing is firmly on the wall for cancelled orders by winter imo.

OP
OP
G7SUM

G7SUM

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST 2023
Country flag
It wasn’t me making the silly comments. I try not to believe conspiracy theories.
sorry, don’t have the time or the energy to reply to this.
Sponsored