Real World Taycan 4S With Performance Battery Plus 0-60 Times?

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
Hi there all,

I have ordered my Taycan 4S with PB+ and am really looking forward to getting it. Porsche's website states it can do 0-60mph in 3.8 with launch control. I read an article stating they got 3.6 seconds 0-60mph.

Has anybody tested their own 4S to get real life performance figures? it would be interesting to know what it "really" does. Thanks all in advance.
Sponsored

Miwa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
There's no single "correct" answer. Depends on charge level, surface you're testing on, rollout, wind, air density, etc.

So pick whatever number you like from whichever tester used the parameters you like.

Kryptos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
There's no single "correct" answer. Depends on charge level, surface you're testing on, rollout, wind, air density, etc.

So pick whatever number you like from whichever tester used the parameters you like.
I don't think he's looking for a single correct answer and as you can read, he's not looking for figures from published testers. He's simply looking for some real world #s which we all know will vary, but should still have a reasonably tight upper and lower bound under "typical" driving conditions. I haven't measured myself, but am also curious to hear from anyone who has.

Boss Hogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, 981 GT4
Country flag
Quicker off the mark than my previous RS6 performance and feels quicker to 60, but when it really gets going, or rolling from 50mph+, the RS6 pulled harder. The instantaneous torque when you floor the 4SCT from slow/moderate speeds is crazy fast and addictive, so in the real world at normal speeds it feels the quicker car while it is slower on paper.

chizwheel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A7, Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I was able to get 3.5S on my 4S with PB+ on a flat surface. I have a sloped downhill road that is completely straight and empty and have done many launches from there getting around 3.0 to 3.1 sec there.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
I was able to get 3.5S on my 4S with PB+ on a flat surface. I have a sloped downhill road that is completely straight and empty and have done many launches from there getting around 3.0 to 3.1 sec there.
Wow that’s amazing. That is helpful. Looks like Porsche keep the figures very conservative and these can be bettered, which is nice to know.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
I don't think he's looking for a single correct answer and as you can read, he's not looking for figures from published testers. He's simply looking for some real world #s which we all know will vary, but should still have a reasonably tight upper and lower bound under "typical" driving conditions. I haven't measured myself, but am also curious to hear from anyone who has.
That’s right, I’m just looking for real world feedback.

DGT

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
992 Targa 4S, '21 Cayenne S, '21 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Wow that’s amazing. That is helpful. Looks like Porsche keep the figures very conservative and these can be bettered, which is nice to know.
Porsche's numbers are consistently conservative across the product line. Independent testers always beat the 0-60 times published by Porsche.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
0-60 in the low 4s if you don't use launch control. Without launch control the throttle response is a little sluggish in the first few fractions of the seconds then it takes off.

For reference I used to have a Macan S that every magazine has measured ~4.5sec but in real live I never saw anything below 5.0 even with launch control.

Porsche's official times are not conservative, they are the real numbers.

OP
OP
badboy1980

badboy1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Taycan
Country flag
0-60 in the low 4s if you don't use launch control. The throttle response is a little sluggish in the first few fractions of the seconds then it takes off.

For reference I used to have a Macan S that every magazine has measured ~4.5sec but in real live I never saw anything below 5.0 even with launch control.
Thanks. Does launch control help that little more? Low 4.0secs is mega impressive. Im glad I have gone for the 4S, it's quick enough. In any case I have my Model S P100D if I want a quicker 0-60 lol.

I have a test drive for a 4S all day this Saturday and am really looking forward to it.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Thanks. Does launch control help that little more? Low 4.0secs is mega impressive. Im glad I have gone for the 4S, it's quick enough. In any case I have my Model S P100D if I want a quicker 0-60 lol.

I have a test drive for a 4S all day this Saturday and am really looking forward to it.
launch control probably saves 0.1-0.2 seconds.

Random

First Name
Mateo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3, BMW 225Xe, taycan 4S
Country flag
launch control probably saves 0.1-0.2 seconds.
Launch control gives you additional 40 Hp + instant power so I’d bet for a bigger difference. I’ll try to measure it next time I drive alone (my wife is not a launch control fan).

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Launch control gives you additional 40 Hp + instant power so I’d bet for a bigger difference. I’ll try to measure it next time I drive alone (my wife is not a launch control fan).
I think it gives you almost 80hp but only for 2 sec.