Realistic pictures of Basalt / Meranti brown interior ?

Bruno

First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini JCW,Audi A6,Ducati 748S,Honda CB750,BMW K100R
Country flag
Hello to all ,

Who can post some realistic pictures of the two tone Black Basalt / Meranti brown Olea interior in a Taycan ?

Thanks for the help ,
Bruno .
Sponsored

Last edited:

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Meranti brown?
afaik, olea (brown) is only tartuffe….that i have.
realistic pics? Well, pretty hard to make … i posted few of them, but i’m not satisfied.

just to clarify: i’m not satisfied with pics, while olea in tartuffe (truffle) brown is great.

Last edited:

fred23

First Name
frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha
Country flag
new to the board and wanted some guidance on potential colors. Anyone seen basalt black with the cocoa leather interior? Just got the order confirm - so I have a week or 2 to reconsider.

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Meranti brown?
afaik, olea (brown) is only tartuffe….that i have.
realistic pics? Well, pretty hard to make … i posted few of them, but i’m not satisfied.

just to clarify: i’m not satisfied with pics, while olea in tartuffe (truffle) brown is great.
In the UK there are 4 options of Olea leather, 2 single colour, basalt and Truffle and two with 2-tone, Meranti brown with basalt and Atacama beige with basalt. Basalt is a dark charcoal grey.

The Meranti brown looks a bit paler in real life than on the configurator - when I first saw it I assumed it must be Atacama beige.

I think a huge confusion is caused in these international forums since the configuration standard v options varies from country to country but even more confusing the name of the same colours is different from country to country, making discussions like this difficult!

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
In the UK there are 4 options of Olea leather, 2 single colour, basalt and Truffle and two with 2-tone, Meranti brown with basalt and Atacama beige with basalt. Basalt is a dark charcoal grey.

The Meranti brown looks a bit paler in real life than on the configurator - when I first saw it I assumed it must be Atacama beige.

I think a huge confusion is caused in these international forums since the configuration standard v options varies from country to country but even more confusing the name of the same colours is different from country to country, making discussions like this difficult!
Not only that, in real life it looks different than in the configurator.
Best is always check on an actual car, that may take some time and patience but it pays off in the end.
There are quite a few nice combinations, with some of them you'd not even considered when you hadn't seen them irl.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Same here… but i don‘t say/see basalt as grey…i see it more as (light) black than grey/brown…
Grey is more silver for me.
in other words: I see four olea options (i’ve seen in life only b and c)
a. Black
b. Truffle brown
c. Biege & black
d. Grey & black

Also found this discussion and I agree with @W1NGE https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/meranti-brown-vs-beige.7788/page-2#post-112342

Last edited:

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
Same here… but i don‘t say/see basalt as grey…i see it more as (light) black than grey/brown…
Grey is more silver for me.
in other words: I see four olea options:
a. Black
b. Truffle brown
c. Biege & black
d. Grey & black
Charcoal grey in English is almost black and it is how I and the Porsche dealer described “Basalt”.
There are a huge number of different grey shades in English and at the silvery end people would probably call it light grey.

Charcoal grey is what a native English speaker would call the Volcano Grey external paint, for example.

What looks in Olea section of the configurator like grey is the Meranti brown and it is absolutely nothing like the colour of the configurator in real life it is a mid beige/brown.
Of all the colours I have actually seen the Meranti is the least like the configurator. I assumed it was Atacama beige from the look but that is paler. I nearly chose it after seeing it in a car at the dealer but in the end it had too much basalt around it for me.
Sponsored

Reactions: B61