Pjjameso

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘20 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Booked an appointment for recalls and LTE disconnecting issue a month in advance. Dropped car off last Tuesday with a loner provided and they have yet to start working on car a week later. Heading out of town for two weeks so guess they will be out of a car for awhile. What the heck is going on with porsche service?

They did say second taycan mechanic went out on medical leave due to stress servicing taycan’s so they were down to one. Think they better get scheduling in a better mode as i was in no rush to bring in, especially to have it sit and drive a macan.
Sponsored

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
I had booked an appointment for today for the Software Update and 2nd key in early August. Got a call last week, need to push it back to Sept. 15th due to delays with the software update, so by the time I get it will be 6 weeks from making an appt. This is Porsche Ontario.

Jayyvr890

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
You should consider yourself lucky. No taycan appointment in Vancouver until late September, no loaners until November.

Loltheinternet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Range Rover L405, 2020 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hopefully after this update OTAs can help alleviate the need for technicians (and also reduce the stress on them).

slothinker

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 (now sold), Toyota MR2, BMW 328i (now sold)
Country flag
If these long-service times, delayed-service situations pertained to some California startup hand-making a few dozens cars each year it would be much more understandable.

Shawnwama

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Frozen Berry, BMW X1 (F48)
Country flag
Check out my thread. You are not alone!

My AC stopped working just before summer (June 30th) and my following appointment is scheduled Oct 4th. Driving Taycan without AC in this heat is crazy annoying, but many people on road keep shouting “nice car” every time I drive. (Hint: I always need to open all windows to survive from heat)

Tay Tay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead-end street
Country flag
Check out my thread. You are not alone!

My AC stopped working just before summer (June 30th) and my following appointment is scheduled Oct 4th. Driving Taycan without AC in this heat is crazy annoying, but many people on road keep shouting “nice car” every time I drive. (Hint: I always need to open all windows to survive from heat)
Wow, you are me, except no one has even looked at my car yet. Does anyone think they would listen to me if I asked them to order the "High Voltage Converter for AC" ahead of time?

There was a rumor that if your AC isn't working your battery might also not get cooled. Did you ask them about that?

If there were actually cars available I would trade my car instead of get it serviced as that would be easier.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Does anyone think they would listen to me if I asked them to order the "High Voltage Converter for AC" ahead of time?
No chance. They'll want to see the car first. Then get porsche approval for the warranty work. Then order the part. Then need to re-book in etc.
But maybe they'll have one in stock? Main dealers always used to carry spare parts......

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
the service, or lack of, is a big dark secret that is hanging over the EV world. despite the massive push to get more people into EVs there is a severe shortage of qualified techs for servicing the cars.

regarding this update a similar thing happened to me, I was scheduled to have the car go in for the update done on 8/15, that morning the dealership calls me and says that the update is taking longer than expected to install, and their tech has a few cars ahead of me and that the car might sit there for over a week until they could get to it. so I was forced to reschedule for the middle of September.

the service issue is not unique to porsche. I am having the same issues with Jaguar, my charging is wonky because of what I believe is a software glitch, my local service center wouldn't take the car in despite it not being able to charge, which in my book is a serious issue. fortunately I devised a work around that forces the charging to commence.

I was on a trip when I was having trouble charging and I stopped in one dealership and they said that they didn't have a tech who could look at the car and he referred me to another shop about 20 miles away, when I arrived there they refused to look at the car because their one qualified tech had 5 cars ahead of me despite it being a crucial error, fortunately they was a chargepoint close by that the car accepted a charge on and I was able to continue the trip.

I have heard similar stories from the ford EV people.

then there is the issue of bodywork repairs after a crash. that can take many months for repairs to be made.

Shawnwama

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - Frozen Berry, BMW X1 (F48)
Country flag
Wow, you are me, except no one has even looked at my car yet. Does anyone think they would listen to me if I asked them to order the "High Voltage Converter for AC" ahead of time?
The AC issue may be related other parts too (like WMP5 recall, mine have done this recall in March). I don' think they will order any parts until they diagnosis the vehicle themselves.

There was a rumor that if your AC isn't working your battery might also not get cooled. Did you ask them about that?
That is what I heard too. so I changed my information cluster to see battery temperature, it really didn't go up high while driving or charging. The maximum was 31~32 celsius. so, it's OKAY for daily driving/charging. also I heard if temperature is too high, it will enable "turtle" mode automatically.

If there were actually cars available I would trade my car instead of get it serviced as that would be easier.
I wish I can trade off my Taycan to Etron GT. I don't like how Porsche Centre is operated in my area. Of course, my next car will not be a Porsche, regardless EV technician issues (it will be eventually solved in 3-5 years.)

jkjjpc

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 BMW X5 40i, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Booked an appointment for recalls and LTE disconnecting issue a month in advance. Dropped car off last Tuesday with a loner provided and they have yet to start working on car a week later. Heading out of town for two weeks so guess they will be out of a car for awhile. What the heck is going on with porsche service?

They did say second taycan mechanic went out on medical leave due to stress servicing taycan’s so they were down to one. Think they better get scheduling in a better mode as i was in no rush to bring in, especially to have it sit and drive a macan.
Based on your location, you may be referring to the Tyson’s location. My 4S has been there for over a week without being touched because they only have one technician. Now I will need to decide whether to pick up the car without getting the recalls and updates completed and reschedule or leave the car there for another two weeks while I am away on travel. Meanwhile, my Tesla M3P gets OTA updates about every 2 weeks while sitting in my driveway.

nickmdp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan GTS ST
Country flag
That is what I heard too. so I changed my information cluster to see battery temperature, it really didn't go up high while driving or charging. The maximum was 31~32 celsius. so, it's OKAY for daily driving/charging. also I heard if temperature is too high, it will enable "turtle" mode automatically.
Yeah, I occasionally see turtle mode icon when fast charging as I start getting over 125F/50C, and it recovers well before I'm ready to go anywhere. I wouldn't start to worry until you start getting closer to 40C.

AyTifosi

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S, 2022 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Booked my service to address recalls and update the software. Scheduled in June, appointment was mid August. The service took nine calendar days. C'est la vie.

Nesting

First Name
Jordane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S 2022
Country flag
I had a cooling pipe that needed replacing.

It was literally a rubber pipe of like 15cm. It took 10 weeks to receive it!

10 weeks where it sat at the dealership...

I got it back last week, I almost cried...but at least I got the PCM update done already.

Fsudoles

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Porsche Taycan RWD
Country flag
Day nine for my ANA6 here in Fort Lauderdale, Florida…they started looking at it today….I got he call, “oh, we need you charger”…pffft. They also need to fix an annoying squeak in the right rear passenger area coming from presumably the right rear suspension….they can’t duplicate it now….although the SA heard it loud and clear when I brought it in…I have an audio tape as well. They gave me a new Cayenine to drive but it sucks paying for gas again.
Sponsored