First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
What do you all think?

Check this out -- 8:53 mark. Goes against the majority opinion results of the poll -- 70 percent voted that RAS was a good idea.

RAS for daily driver? Seems like overkill but many comments indicate an incredible option. Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

snstevens

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
What do you all think? RAS for daily driver? Seems like overkill but many comments indicate an incredible option. Thanks
Not needed in my opinion. The turning radius of this car is 2 ft shorter than a similar car this length, so at best you are improving on what is already in the "best in class" category.

That said, there is no problem in my mind adding an option like this on a "I can afford it so why not?" basis.

feye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S+ 2020
Country flag
I have it, but the weird thing is that you probably would only notice the difference after you drive one without.
Really? I parked my Audi A7 (no RAS) at the PC and drove my Taycan home. Leaving the PC the first 110° turn into a smaller road: Hmm, hang on a second, that is super agile. I then went in a few small side roads, the turning circle and maneuverability is excellent and way way better than my A7. For me it is the #1 option.

If I were to live in a place with wide roads and large parking, different story.

dcmonks

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I'm so happy that I optioned RAS!... it makes driving my CT4 in the city easier than even smaller cars. Narrow roads and tight corners are easy. The handling on curved highways is amazing too, but I'm not sure how much of that is due to torque vectoring and PDCC.

Windpower

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, BMW X3, Taycan RWD Coffee
Country flag
For me it’s the #1 option.
My top two: smart lift and rear axle steering. I need both daily just to get in/out of my driveway. I was in NYC today and was able to parallel park in a very tight spot. RAS makes the car a pleasure to drive around on tight streets.
P.S. it’s funny how many thumbs up I get from people on the street.

whitex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan TCT, 2024 Q8 eTron P+
Country flag
Not needed in my opinion. The turning radius of this car is 2 ft shorter than a similar car this length, so at best you are improving on what is already in the "best in class" category.
When you say "best in class", which class are you referring to? What are the other cars in this class?

Rainforest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
??? Couldn’t disagree more. It’s incredibly obvious the first time you turn the car at low speed. It’s crazy noticeable, so much so that if someone didn’t know it was on the car, they’d think something was wrong with the rear end based on the way it swings out.
I’m not saying I regret RAS. But I’ve never driven a Taycan without it. And it’s not super obvious compared to my Teslas. Maybe I’m not paying attention enough?

I do have the option because my friends told me the rear wheels do pivot.
Sponsored