Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I have seen this discussed on the forums before and was under the impression that the conclusion was that the rear bicycle carrier was available for the ST. As I had mentioned in one of my posts while at PCA Werks Amelia Island I was told by a Porsche factory rep. that the ST would not take the rear bike carrier (the one on display did not have the removable covers on both sides of the rear bumper). I just went through the configurator today & there is no option for the ST rear bike carrier. It is listed as an option for a CT.
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I have seen this discussed on the forums before and was under the impression that the conclusion was that the rear bicycle carrier was available for the ST. As I had mentioned in one of my posts while at PCA Werks Amelia Island I was told by a Porsche factory rep. that the ST would not take the rear bike carrier (the one on display did not have the removable covers on both sides of the rear bumper). I just went through the configurator today & there is no option for the ST rear bike carrier. It is listed as an option for a CT.
That's not quite true - UK configurator permits the config.

Both the CT and ST must have the option 'Preparation for rear cycle carrier' specified otherwise there will be no way to attach the cycle carrier.

I have it on my GTS ST build.

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
Strangely, the US configurator for GTS ST does not have rear rack prep as standard or as an option.

Also inconsistent is that the rear rack prep is standard in the US on CT, but not in UK.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Strangely, the US configurator for GTS ST does not have rear rack prep as standard or as an option.

Also inconsistent is that the rear rack prep is standard in the US on CT, but not in UK.
Could be a configurator glitch.

No reason to preclude from US bound STs (same body shell as CT).

As an aside, trying to source the carrier is quite another story!

Murph7355

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST; TVR Griffith 500; Caterham 7; Volvo XC90
Country flag
Could there be homologation issues in the US if the ST and CT are regarded as different models?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Could there be homologation issues in the US if the ST and CT are regarded as different models?
They are same models and variants wherever sold globally - US is no different not a special case. However, note that only the GTS ST is available in US (North America) whereas we have the full range of ST variants in UK / Europe.

I still think this is a configurator issue (there have been many) and will resolve in time.

Last edited:

Pozuelo

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2018 E63S Estate, 2023 A45S
Country flag
I know the bike carrier is incompatible with the sportdesign pack. Did you choose it ?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
I know the bike carrier is incompatible with the sportdesign pack. Did you choose it ?
Oddly the GTS ST has the Sport Design pack as standard plus the side skirts and the configurator permits the addition of the rear cycle prep and rear cycle carrier. If you do the same on a non-GTS ST then its either the Sport Design pack OR rear cycle kit - BIZZARE!

Porsche Taycan Rear bicycle carrier apparently not available for ST 1651854054796

Still think the configurator / logic is flaky.

bergs

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan RWD, '20 Cayenne, '18 Model 3
Country flag
hi all - i visited my local dealer a few months back when they had a unicorn, i mean GTS ST on the floor. it only had the tow hook hatch on the rear right side, and the CT they had on the floor had hatches and pin/sleeve adapters for the bike rack. my SA did some research and concluded that the NG1 prep required is not offered on the north america builds of ST, at least for now. the tequipment compatibility page also reflects that.

i'm really hoping it changes in the future, my order was pushed to 2023 at best, but i dont love the roof rails look and i have a few ebikes which are quite heavy.

given the diffuser details, it seems like the split lines/patterns dont line up. i.e. the bike rack needs a bigger cutout. the standard sedan/ST is 3 out of 5 ribs tall, whereas the CT is 6 ribs, albeit a different design and thinner.

ST bumper hatch:
Porsche Taycan Rear bicycle carrier apparently not available for ST IMG_1570

CT showing both tow hook and bike rack mount
Porsche Taycan Rear bicycle carrier apparently not available for ST 29c646e0-df51-441f-ad73-edc7e6e3ef90-

if any any european ST owners could snap some pics it would be greatly appreciated!

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Got part numbers for the pin sleeve? Might be something that can be retrofitted into the ST.

bergs

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Taycan RWD, '20 Cayenne, '18 Model 3
Country flag
im sure they exist! but i dont have them... would love some help from the forum. i think it would turn into more significant surgery to be replacing diffuser fascia too, and how far do you go until you get a clean split line? or do you just dremel a hole in you black plastic bits?!?

bsclywilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4
Country flag
I looked in to this a while back. Should be a straightforward swap on to sedan and ST that doesn’t have the covers and receiver brackets.

Only the lower black plastic needs to be replaced and it’s a fairly cheap part #4 below.
Porsche Taycan Rear bicycle carrier apparently not available for ST D3CB072F-1FDC-4ED9-94D3-C3964D787A4D
https://www.porscheatlantaperimeter...-DESIGN-Bumper-Cover/16126032/9J1807875L.html

Was not able to confirm the brackets online but probably a dealer could look them up. They would replace #9 in the drawing above, I think.

Although, at this point, it seems like too much trouble just to run the porsche bike rack or my bars. Someone should make a trailer hitch mount for all Taycans.
Sponsored