Jiggins

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Green Mini Cooper SE, Jet Black GTS ST
Country flag
Has anyone removed the rear bumper/fender on a Sport Tourismo?

I had a minor coming together with my Wife's car as I backed up the driveway. I wasn't using the camera and wasn't paying attention to the bleeps and ended up touching the back of her car.

The height of her bumber and mine touch first where the camera is. The result was the camera was prized out of its mounting. I can't really figure out how it goes back together. It looks like there is a part of the camera casing still in the bumper and I have a bit in my hand.

So I'm thinking I need to remove the lower part of the bumper to access it properly.

Does anyone know of any parts diagrams which may shed some light on how it all fits together.

On the plus side. I think I improved the car by removing the worst part of it. 😂
Sponsored

MHC

First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan Turbo, 2022 BMW IX,
Country flag
I had a very minor incident like yours . Didn’t affect the camera. The body shop replaced the bumper cover and it looks like new. I thought they would just repair it but what they told me is the plastic tabs of the bumper cover get torn with any movement and are never the same. Also the paint on the touch up of paint on plastic bumper covers does not hold up over time when repainted versus painting a new cover. It’s an expensive car - Take it to a qualified body shop that will fix it properly.