Rear car mats

DJM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Turbo
Country flag
This might be a silly question, and I have tried searching to see if anyone has already posted about something similar without any joy.

Have other people found the rear carpet mats move every time someone gets in the back of the car? On my CT they have even started to curl up at the edges as they move out of position. I am asking because my car is currently in with the dealer having the software updated and was going to ask them to try and sort something out with the mats at the same time. I don’t understand why Porsche don’t have the locking clip on the rear mats like they do on the front sets. Even just some Velcro pads underneath would be better.

If it is just an issue with my mats, I will push the dealer to try and address.

Thanks.
Sponsored

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
I have the all weather mats installed and no issues with them. Might be an alternative solution.

PDACPA

First Name
PDA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan RWD, 1989 911 Carrera
Country flag
I have the WeatherTech ones. Small and they have a lip around them to catch any liquid

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
This might be a silly question, and I have tried searching to see if anyone has already posted about something similar without any joy.

Have other people found the rear carpet mats move every time someone gets in the back of the car? On my CT they have even started to curl up at the edges as they move out of position. I am asking because my car is currently in with the dealer having the software updated and was going to ask them to try and sort something out with the mats at the same time. I don’t understand why Porsche don’t have the locking clip on the rear mats like they do on the front sets. Even just some Velcro pads underneath would be better.

If it is just an issue with my mats, I will push the dealer to try and address.

Thanks.
This is 'normal' due to absence of grip. You could try attaching a Velcro strip as you mention or a suitable 3M Command strip. I doubt your dealer will be sympathetic.

All weather ones are rubber (I think) and therefore heavier and less likely to slip.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
My OEM carpet mats do not move around at all in the back. I even tried pushing on them and they do not move.

AlexR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (on order), BMW X5, Golf GTE
Country flag
They are such cheap looking tat (the OEM)...ones in the Golf are better quality. Bit of a shame.
Sponsored