Rear lightning bar illuminated

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
I think that one of the best features on the Taycan and other Porsche models is the illuminated rear bar especially with a darker colour Taycan.

I always assumed that the bar is connected to the daytimerunninglights settings, but I’m confused. Are there seperate settings to switch it on and off, because after seeing several youtube clips I came to the conclusion that sometimes the rear bar Is off and at other times it is on, both with only the 4 DRL led’s in the front beeing switched on.

My preference would be to have it on all the time.
Sponsored

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
I think that one of the best features on the Taycan and other Porsche models is the illuminated rear bar especially with a darker colour Taycan.

I always assumed that the bar is connected to the daytimerunninglights settings, but I’m confused. Are there seperate settings to switch it on and off, because after seeing several youtube clips I came to the conclusion that sometimes the rear bar Is off and at other times it is on, both with only the 4 DRL led’s in the front beeing switched on.

My preference would be to have it on all the time.
It's connected to the head lamps.

OP
OP

DennisB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Country flag
It's connected to the head lamps.

connected to the low beam you mean. Not to the drl’s? That means they only work in the dark when they are automatically switched on or manually, correct?

Although I found a youtube link where the front drl are on and the rear bar. Could this be a country setting?

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
connected to the low beam you mean. Not to the drl’s? That means they only work in the dark when they are automatically switched on or manually, correct?

Although I found a youtube link where the front drl are on and the rear bar. Could this be a country setting?
At 1:32 you can clearly see on the dash which button is lit.
I can see it's not auto...
Porsche Taycan Rear lightning bar illuminated Screenshot_20200726-123135
Sponsored