First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Dear all,

I have noticed that my rear spoiler does not fully retract. When the car was delivered a month ago it was fine, but now it seems to have developed a panel gap.. I have tried to use cleaning mode and clean it, and also driving it to extract the spoiler. It goes up fine, but does not close down fully..

anyone else have this problem??

Porsche Taycan Rear spoiler will not reposition itself 98B2FB39-ECB4-4139-8EA7-DCA0EBE093D3

Porsche Taycan Rear spoiler will not reposition itself AFCF320C-1217-4932-A715-91A0FECF3F1B

Porsche Taycan Rear spoiler will not reposition itself F31C7CF0-8042-4EF2-B892-6D09CD50BCC0

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Golf R Estate, Golf VR6, Corrado VR6
Country flag
Yes, mine sits exactly the same when retracted. Tried the same as you, checked nothing was stuck underneath.

I called my local dealer yesterday, servicing dept calling me back tomorrow. I’m going to ask them to fix it. There was a similar post on here a while ago, I believe it was just some fixings that came loose, so a fairly easy fix if the dealer is aware of the issue.

Dee

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A lot
My spoiler wasn't positioned correctly either but it did retract, only too much...
They fixed it.

Porsche Taycan Rear spoiler will not reposition itself IMG_20201026_124630206

OP
OP
MrJohnDolk

MrJohnDolk

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S+
Country flag
Yes, mine sits exactly the same when retracted. Tried the same as you, checked nothing was stuck underneath.

I called my local dealer yesterday, servicing dept calling me back tomorrow. I’m going to ask them to fix it. There was a similar post on here a while ago, I believe it was just some fixings that came loose, so a fairly easy fix if the dealer is aware of the issue.
Ok, looking forward to the reply from your service department, I will contact mine tomorrow..

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So mine sits proud at the sides but also sits too low in the middle nearest the rear window, so both problems.

I've just booked mine in with the dealer but need a loan car, so the soonest they can look at it is 3 Feb! So only a month to wait then :rolleyes:

I'll update if I remember!

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
So mine sits proud at the sides but also sits too low in the middle nearest the rear window, so both problems.

I've just booked mine in with the dealer but need a loan car, so the soonest they can look at it is 3 Feb! So only a month to wait then :rolleyes:

I'll update if I remember!
Exactly the same with me - "proud at the sides but also sits too low in the middle". Before anyone says it, I am talking about the car.

Finally managed to get a booking on 25th January, so will up-date once (I hope) my dealer has fixed it.

Parmd

First Name
Parm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bicycle
Country flag
My car has exactly the same issue and has got worse the more I drove the car. Its was booked in to silverstone yesterday and apparently the only adjustments are either lateral or back and forward so the dealer had no idea how they were going to fix the height issue. They've submitted a request to Porsche for a fix as this is the second car they've had in with the same issue so waiting on the outcome. They did also say that upon PDI the alignment was perfect but after a few hundred miles the problem arises. Mine had started rubbing in the middle on the boot lid paint and is raised on the edges by around 5mm. (MY21 car). I've asked for an update today on a potential fix

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My car has exactly the same issue and has got worse the more I drove the car. Its was booked in to silverstone yesterday and apparently the only adjustments are either lateral or back and forward so the dealer had no idea how they were going to fix the height issue. They've submitted a request to Porsche for a fix as this is the second car they've had in with the same issue so waiting on the outcome. They did also say that upon PDI the alignment was perfect but after a few hundred miles the problem arises. Mine had started rubbing in the middle on the boot lid paint and is raised on the edges by around 5mm. (MY21 car). I've asked for an update today on a potential fix
Check out this post, where Dee's dealer managed to fix the height issue:

https://www.taycanforum.com/forum/threads/wing-misalignment.2802/

Howie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS STCayenne 992GT3 Ferrari488spider 993C2
Country flag
To RG2020,
Could I ask who your dealer is and location as my dealer in Leeds has no loan car offer since last April when Covid arrived.
I have a number of niggles with my 4S which may take some time to resolve and will have to wait until loan cars are back on or take to a dealer offering one.

Parmd

First Name
Parm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bicycle
Country flag
so had an update from Porsche Silverstone who have been fantastic -

We have had a response from technical with regards to the other vehicle that has the same spoiler concern, we have been advised to donor parts off of a car we have on site, to see if it is an issue with the top section or the cassette that raises and lowers the spoiler. This is in progress today, once we have completed this we will have a better understanding of what to do with your vehicle on this issue.

Porsche Taycan Rear spoiler will not reposition itself image2

Porsche Taycan Rear spoiler will not reposition itself image1

Parmd

First Name
Parm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bicycle
Country flag

Parmd

First Name
Parm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
bicycle
Country flag
My spoiler is sorted apparently, the donor parts from another car resolved the alignment issue so now they need to order in a new spoiler paint and replace it. I'm assuming it was the spoiler itself rather than the 'cassette part under the spoiler'

Doc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
My spoiler is sorted apparently, the donor parts from another car resolved the alignment issue so now they need to order in a new spoiler paint and replace it. I'm assuming it was the spoiler itself rather than the 'cassette part under the spoiler'
Arrghh, that would be annoying as my spoiler has been PPF'ed.

RG2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
To RG2020,
Could I ask who your dealer is and location as my dealer in Leeds has no loan car offer since last April when Covid arrived.
I have a number of niggles with my 4S which may take some time to resolve and will have to wait until loan cars are back on or take to a dealer offering one.
Bit of a trek for you, my dealer is Solihull.

Could be waiting a while yet for loan cars so maybe see if there are any other dealers nearer you with a different covid policy?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Dear all,

I have noticed that my rear spoiler does not fully retract. When the car was delivered a month ago it was fine, but now it seems to have developed a panel gap.. I have tried to use cleaning mode and clean it, and also driving it to extract the spoiler. It goes up fine, but does not close down fully..

anyone else have this problem??

98B2FB39-ECB4-4139-8EA7-DCA0EBE093D3.jpeg

AFCF320C-1217-4932-A715-91A0FECF3F1B.jpeg

F31C7CF0-8042-4EF2-B892-6D09CD50BCC0.jpeg
Hi,

Mine is exactly the same and I've noticed it on other MY21 cars that I've seen parked in various locations. I don't think it is model year (MY) specific.

I've got mine booked in 28/01/21 to get sorted as it does my OCD no good at all! One day I'll get to own a new Porsche that I've not had to take back to the dealers at least once in the first few months of ownership...

Thx

Thx