Rear Trunk lid paint fading after repainting a year ago.

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
About a year ago while my '22 Chalk Taycan was in the dealer for an update a delivery truck backed into my trunk lid causing a small dent. The dealership of course fixed the dent and resprayed the trunk lid. Now almost a year after the incidence the trunk lid looks like it's turning a little yellow. I don't think it was like this when first painted. I know it's a little hard to fully see the differene in the picture but standing next to the car it's obvious. Any ideas what's going on?

Porsche Taycan Rear Trunk lid paint fading after repainting a year ago. IMG_1082
Sponsored

JAGMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 CT4
Country flag
It was either a bad paint match from the beginning, or the clear coat is yellowing over time. I’d take it back and ask them to correct it.

YWGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo, BMW i8, and EQE 500 4Matic
Country flag
It appears to be a poor paint match. I had a similar mishap at a BMW dealership that had their in-house body shop perform the correction. The repainted area ended up being a few shades off from the adjacent panels when seen under different ambient light. I ended up taking the vehicle to a well-recognized body shop to have it corrected. According to the independent shop, color matching for lighter shades, especially white, can't be rushed as it requires more attention and several tries before obtaining the right blend to match the vehicle's existing body paint.

OP
OP
Bill33525

Bill33525

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘24 Q8 ETron 55 SUV, '22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
The dealer has stepped up and is getting me an appointment to correct the problem. I will have a very close look at the panel this time and keep an eye on it for changes.

Leverage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
It definitely looks yellow. I directly saw it even before reading your post.

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
If it had been damage you were liable for, they'd be painting and blending it into pretty much every panel except the bonnet (hood)!.
Sponsored