NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag
Hello all! I’m approaching the change freeze point (3/31/22) and seriously considering adding rear wheel steering (or possibly the performance package) to the car. Just curious if this is a must have (never driven a car with it) and what it adds to the driving experience. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Sponsored

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Hello all! I’m approaching the change freeze point (3/31/22) and seriously considering adding rear wheel steering (or possibly the performance package) to the car. Just curious if this is a must have (never driven a car with it) and what it adds to the driving experience. Any feedback would be appreciated!
Tick the box - great for parking and low speed manoeuvres - power steering plus bundled (a must on its own) - superb handling car so you likely won't notice much at speed.

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
There are a few posts here discussing this. The gist is if you can afford it, do it. I have no first hand experience with RWS, but after reading here added it to my car. Bottom line is it improves handling and is very handy in small spaces.

OP
OP
NewPdude

NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag
Has your change freeze date changed at all on TYD?
Yes it has… originally 3/19. Then changed to 4/19 last Tuesday, yesterday 3/31 and the delivery date has now slid 21 days. Placed the order on 1/28/22

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
Without hijacking this topic, I’m wondering why some TYDs work and others have no date… (mine is blank)

OP
OP
NewPdude

NewPdude

First Name
Rhett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M440i
Country flag
Without hijacking this topic, I’m wondering why some TYDs work and others have no date… (mine is blank)
Interesting… the TYD has always shown the complete timeline whenever I’ve signed in to my acct. Now I can say that the dealer/SA has shown different dates on their system when I’ve called in. This was mostly to make changes (I’ve made three so far). As of yesterday they are identical.

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
Tick the box - great for parking and low speed manoeuvres - power steering plus bundled (a must on its own) - superb handling car so you likely won't notice much at speed.
+1.
it’s much easier to park (or turn) Taycan with RWS than shorter cars without that.
go for it, you won’t regret.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I have it, makes definitely worth it. Maneuverability is great, really notice it when you have to do a u-turn! Definitely makes it feel a smaller car than it really is when throwing it into a tight corner….

gusone

First Name
gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW Series 3 XDRIVE M SPORT
Country flag
My only regret as I didn't spec it. I use park assist all the time but occasionally it has trouble like when evil pedestrians walk by really close causing an abort so I have to manually parallel park.

MadCan

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Defender P400e. Taycan 4S Perf+
Country flag
Definitely worth going for with significant benefits at manoeuvring speeds but noticeably more nimble, say when you go through a roundabout at speed. Seems to take 500kg of weight off the car.
Sponsored