BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT 4S, Range Rover Sport
Country flag
Has anyone had to replace one of these? Some scumbag has smashed mine and suspect it won't be 'free' on insurance in same way as front wind screen. Any idea on price if you have been equally unfortunate.
Ta.
Sponsored

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Ouch and sorry to hear that!

think some insurance do cover it but depends on the excess. For some reason I seem to remember admiral saying it is covered but excess is higher…but that could’ve been a figment of my imagination too…will try and check insurance docs when I get a moment

this link from auto glass will be useful…I know admiral use auto glass and it’s covered

Autoglass rear windscreen

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks. I wasn’t sure if it would be covered under glass as it was a theft attempt. But seem to be covering under glass part of policy.
They did my Range Rover at same time, and friends cayenne too. Which was nice of them. Got away with exactly nothing.

I asked non insurance price for Range Rover and that was over £2k, so didn’t bother checking the Taycan.
They say they have the rear windscreens in stock. We’ll see I guess.
£250 excess - not admiral.

OP
OP
BigBob

BigBob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
If anyone in the UK has any recommendations for super fast glass replacement please share them. Autoglass are on Tuesday, so probably good as it gets, but would be good to have 1 car not he road before that. wishful thinking....
Sponsored