Rear Windscreen vertical crack …!!!

MR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My21 noticed a major vertical windscreen crack today (a hot day with 25 deg C temperatures in uk). Not driven anywhere - only checked windscreen because i had an upper break light fault showing on pcm. It’s a crack from lower border to the upper break light!!! Vertical. No stone marks, beak marks or anything.
Frankly think this could be a manufacturing defect? Maybe due to heat expansion?
Will contact Porsche tomorrow. Horror. Rear windscreen!
Anyone with a similar tale?

Porsche Taycan Rear Windscreen vertical crack …!!! image
Sponsored

Ajes

First Name
Ajay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Highl. Hybrid, Civic HB, Taycan 4s order
Country flag
Happened to others
See this Link

QUOTE="MR1, post: 74670, member: 2554"]
My21 noticed a major vertical windscreen crack today (a hot day with 25 deg C temperatures in uk). Not driven anywhere - only checked windscreen because i had an upper break light fault showing on pcm. It’s a crack from lower border to the upper break light!!! Vertical. No stone marks, beak marks or anything.
Frankly think this could be a manufacturing defect? Maybe due to heat expansion?

image.jpg

[/QUOTE]

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Happened to others
See this Link

image.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I didn't have that but I had to have my rear windshield replaced because the defroster didn't work and had a short in the circuit.

OP
OP

MR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Happened to others
See this Link

image.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Thank you very much. Will revert on what the dealer says. Bizarre …

BayAreaJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Take it to the dealer. they will replace under warranty. But there is a Long backlog so don't hold your breath. I have the same issue but no ETA on when the replacement window will arrive from Germany.

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
Take it to the dealer. they will replace under warranty. But there is a Long backlog so don't hold your breath. I have the same issue but no ETA on when the replacement window will arrive from Germany.
Guess I was lucky as my dealer had it replaced within a week.

OP
OP

MR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Yep. Dealer confirmed warranty. And that it’s on “back order no eta”. Said could take a month and car not safe to drive! And that they cannot expedite anything …

Bisquitjm

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan
Country flag

image.jpg

[Same crack on my car. Brought to the dealer today for inspection amd software updates.

OP
OP

MR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Dreadful. This is recall territory.

Jon Steinmetz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
I also have a crack. I was not told it was dangerous but I also have the thermally insulated glass so perhaps there are two panes? Bummer. Still waiting for the parts.

iliyas007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Happened to others
See this Link

image.jpg
[/QUOTE]
I have the same crack. Taycan Turbo From Kazakhstan

TomFromCT

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same crack here, 2021 4S. February delivery. About 2,000 miles when crack appeared. Dealer agreed it is a warranty issue, but no windows are presently available stateside and no current ETA from Germany.

Also getting the “Upper Brake Light Inoperable” warning, but the light itself is working.

OP
OP

MR1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Same crack here, 2021 4S. February delivery. About 2,000 miles when crack appeared. Dealer agreed it is a warranty issue, but no windows are presently available stateside and no current ETA from Germany.

Also getting the “Upper Brake Light Inoperable” warning, but the light itself is working.
Mine has been at the workshop for weeks waiting for the screen to turn from Deutschland - which I understand might arrive this week. What I wonder though is why it can’t happen to the new one. This must be an issue with curvature / pressure so unless the new one is designed differently … I may be back in the queue. Quite extraordinary. They claimed never to have seen this ever … not so sure.

Icyfraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 2WD
Country flag

image.jpg
Unfortunately same problem noticed by me today ( only can feel the crack from INSIDE) ..no chip externally ?‍♂. Another call to the dealership tomorrow First Porsche ever and I have to say disappointed with overall experience...3 months old, 2600 miles, in for door rattle 6 times, minor software glitches and now cracked rear windscreen

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, '19 e-Tron, '24 GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Out of curiosity, are the cracks occurring in cars with the thermally/noise insulated glass or the standard glass....or both?
Sponsored