DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
The number of recalls on this car is getting ridiculous!
I mean, I'm glad things are being fixed...but I've never had a car with this many recalls in under a year of ownership.

So far I've had:

AMB5: The "sudden shutdown" fix
AMC1: The "hazard lights" fix
WNA5: The "power electronics and engine electronics (DME) software" fix

And after just getting the car out of service for WNA5 yesterday I now see I need:

WMP5: AC pressure sensor fix (note: have not been notified of this yet, but my car is in the affected range)
ANA4: Rear seat belt buckle fix (I just found this one on safercar.gov this morning.)

At least fixes are actively being pursued and applied, I suppose for that I am grateful.
Sponsored

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
Do those all show up on the Porsche recall website? Looks like my VIN is clear.

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
Did you have any of those problems or did you just get preemptive fixes? My car runs fine so I have no interest in any of the recalls. They can do whatever when it goes in for its two year checkup.
Well, most of them are important safety issues so...I'd rather have them than not. I'm a software guy so I tend to operate on the principle of "take the updates."

SpicewoodT

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
Are they safety recalls or service campaigns? My '21 only has 1 open update which is getting taken car of in April: WNA5

WMP5: Porsche relied on a supplier who made an error/errors with supplied components. Not necessarily Porsche's faults 100%.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Well, most of them are important safety issues so...I'd rather have them than not. I'm a software guy so I tend to operate on the principle of "take the updates."
Think you’re stretching that a bit. If they’re serious safety issues they would involve a much more aggressive recall campaign. You guys regularly search the NHTSB safety sites for recalls?

Mountain meet molehill.

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
because of the lack of OTA updates my taycan has been in the shop in one year more than any of my teslas over nine years, or any of my other cars.
maybe some of you are ok with all the time wasted by the visits to the service center but I am not.

Archimedes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
because of the lack of OTA updates my taycan has been in the shop in one year more than any of my teslas over nine years, or any of my other cars.
maybe some of you are ok with all the time wasted by the visits to the service center but I am not.
Why do you still own one?

OP
OP
DerekS

DerekS

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Taycan GTS
Country flag
WMP5: Porsche relied on a supplier who made an error/errors with supplied components. Not necessarily Porsche's faults 100%.
Yeah that's fair. I'm really not even upset to take it in for that one.

The software updates do grind my gears when I see my wife's Tesla update itself at home, constantly.

Part of going electric for me was to stay out of the service bay. I guess there's no avoiding it :)

I love the car and I will buy another, my #1 beef remains the PCM bugs.

XLR82XS

First Name
LXA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan | 2021 Cayenne GTS | 2018 991.2 | DMC
I love the car and I will buy another, my #1 beef remains the PCM bugs.
I do love this car - the best electric sports sedan on the market. Knock on wood I've only had PCM bug out 1 time.

Visceral

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 Turbo S. Spyder and CT4S on the way
Country flag
Cars that could be delivered are being held up in port for each successive update and deliveries are slipping. I realize that we don't need a new engine (GT4) or transfer case (Cayenne) or... but Track Your Dream has become a de-motivator that it was not intended to be.