Recall Re-code airbag control unit: Any issues?

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
This recall for a firmware fix now appears for my VIN on https://recall.porsche.com

Have heard about this. Dealer service said not high on their critical list but scheduled me in anyway. They want the car for the day "just in case"

Has anyone had this dealer service update done? Any issues ? The "just in case" sounds ominous....
Sponsored

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I am going in on November 30 for this update. Will let the forum know if something surprising would pop up afterwards.

Genau

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This recall for a firmware fix now appears for my VIN on https://recall.porsche.com

Have heard about this. Dealer service said not high on their critical list but scheduled me in anyway. They want the car for the day "just in case"

Has anyone had this dealer service update done? Any issues ? The "just in case" sounds ominous....
Here are some of the prior threads on this topic. Although the recall title contains the word "airbag", it really is a reprogramming of the hazard lights to disable the (safer) way they function in the rest of the world to comply with the behind-the-times U.S. regulations. Personally I am postponing this recall as long as possible because it is a loss of functionality and safety, and is just plain f-ing stupid of the U.S. to mandate this. This is similar to how the U.S. forces Porsche to disable safety functionality of the matrix headlights.

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
I am going in on November 30 for this update. Will let the forum know if something surprising would pop up afterwards.
Went in for the AMC1 update this morning. Uneventful. Took about 90 minutes, including washing the car. No issues afterwards (so far).

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Mine is going in on Friday.

ampitup

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Went in for the AMC1 update this morning. Uneventful. Took about 90 minutes, including washing the car. No issues afterwards (so far).
Good to hear. Thanks.
Sponsored