Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
4S in volcano grey received 24 March in UK, drives beautifully.

Updated with first impressions:

I took it for a short spin yesterday - to take bread and milk to my 85 year old mum! Only did 10 miles. Will try to find legitimate excuses over next few days to give it some miles and put a smile on my face. I'm thrilled to have it but also very sober about the context of everything else that's going on. Haven't stopped and had chance to get anyone talking about it of course but have had a few heads turn and look keenly after me - but that may just because I'm out in a car, any car, on quiet roads!

Immediate impression is it's absolutely fantastic and I'm thrilled. Constant power on tap and wheels stick to the road like on rails. Beautifully made and everything feels high quality (no panel gaps!). Very happy with colour choices inside and out. I didn't go for the enhanced 'engine' sound but it still sounds great in an eerie quiet way. Stereo great (I'm no sound geek so didn't spec the Burmeister). I have performance plus battery.

Range saying 200 miles at 92% but as I say it's early days so I'll keep that under review. Don't have my Andersen charger (was due Saturday and their instal now deferred of course) so will be charging on 3 pin but given lack of opportunity to drive that won't be a problem.

I like having the mode selector in the steering wheel, that makes it very easy to change. User interface on all screens looks easy and intuitive but lots to learn.

Am hoping that I don't experience any problem - dealer is remaining available via email and phone from home but of course any major issue will mean it has to be collected by Porsche Breakdown Recovery and taken away for a while but I've got other wheels I can use if that happens and I'd rather take the risk than not.

Conclusions for now - It doesn't change the challenges our world is facing and it feels strange to be enjoying a new car while also trying to help my family and community with major food shortages, anxiety and sickness.

But it has certainly boosted my wellbeing and is everything I hoped so far. I'm not a 'track boy' but have driven M3/5 and AMGs as well as 911 and Panamera and I wouldn't swop my lovely new 4S for any of them.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting and everyone trying to enjoy their new pride and joy at this time.

Porsche Taycan Received my Taycan 4S in UK! 4EF4C7C8-BE3F-43A8-82FA-851C24621F1B
Porsche Taycan Received my Taycan 4S in UK! B11D0AC2-D44C-4B95-95F6-5C38549DFD7D

Last edited by a moderator:

GEE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Congratulations Dawes. It is great to hear some Taycans got delivered before the lockdown. Enjoy :cool:

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
4S in volcano grey received 24 March in UK, drives beautifully.

4EF4C7C8-BE3F-43A8-82FA-851C24621F1B.jpeg
B11D0AC2-D44C-4B95-95F6-5C38549DFD7D.jpeg
Nice combo ;)

Can you share some more pictures with us of your 4S? It very close to my spec. Would appriciate it very much.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Lovel! Tell us more please? Review!?

24th March, my birthday :D We tried real hard to get mine delivered on time for my Birthday but it was not meant to be.

How’s the drive? What range does it say when fully charged? Is it Performance a battery plus? Must be getting a lot of attention :)

Any issues at all? Did you ask the dealer how any issues will be resolved if any? A friend recently had to reject a 992 here in the UK as it had many issues and one only has 30 days to reject a car in the UK? I hope you don’t but just wondered!
How is the Bose sound system?

OP
OP

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Lovel! Tell us more please? Review!?

24th March, my birthday :D We tried real hard to get mine delivered on time for my Birthday but it was not meant to be.

How’s the drive? What range does it say when fully charged? Is it Performance a battery plus? Must be getting a lot of attention :)

Any issues at all? Did you ask the dealer how any issues will be resolved if any? A friend recently had to reject a 992 here in the UK as it had many issues and one only has 30 days to reject a car in the UK? I hope you don’t but just wondered!
How is the Bose sound system?
I took it for a short spin yesterday - to take bread and milk to my 85 year old mum! Only did 10 miles. Will try to find legitimate excuses over next few days to give it some miles and put a smile on my face. I'm thrilled to have it but also very sober about the context of everything else that's going on. Haven't stopped and had chance to get anyone talking about it of course but have had a few heads turn and look keenly after me - but that may just because I'm out in a car, any car, on quiet roads!

Immediate impression is it's absolutely fantastic and I'm thrilled. Constant power on tap and wheels stick to the road like on rails. Beautifully made and everything feels high quality (no panel gaps!). Very happy with colour choices inside and out. I didn't go for the enhanced 'engine' sound but it still sounds great in an eerie quiet way. Stereo great (I'm no sound geek so didn't spec the Burmeister). I have performance plus battery.

Range saying 200 miles at 92% but as I say it's early days so I'll keep that under review. Don't have my Andersen charger (was due Saturday and their instal now deferred of course) so will be charging on 3 pin but given lack of opportunity to drive that won't be a problem.

I like having the mode selector in the steering wheel, that makes it very easy to change. User interface on all screens looks easy and intuitive but lots to learn.

Am hoping that I don't experience any problem - dealer is remaining available via email and phone from home but of course any major issue will mean it has to be collected by Porsche Breakdown Recovery and taken away for a while but I've got other wheels I can use if that happens and I'd rather take the risk than not.

Conclusions for now - It doesn't change the challenges our world is facing and it feels strange to be enjoying a new car while also trying to help my family and community with major food shortages, anxiety and sickness.

But it has certainly boosted my wellbeing and is everything I hoped so far. I'm not a 'track boy' but have driven M3/5 and AMGs as well as 911 and Panamera and I wouldn't swop my lovely new 4S for any of them.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting and everyone trying to enjoy their new pride and joy at this time.

OP
OP

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Is the upholstery crayon?
Colour is chalk inside and volcano grey outside. Chalk has hint of grey and matches well
Porsche Taycan Received my Taycan 4S in UK! D22EDC9B-EFF6-48EF-8F13-A38E063E234F
Porsche Taycan Received my Taycan 4S in UK! 74804993-00A8-4BCB-9B48-7EDDC9D59BAF

Nice combo ;)

Can you share some more pictures with us of your 4S? It very close to my spec. Would appriciate it very much.
Here's
Porsche Taycan Received my Taycan 4S in UK! 55B1E610-9958-4686-A4B0-DB5C236E0BDE
a couple more pics!

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Thanks for that review. Pretty much what I was expecting to hear so good to know. The only thing that is of slight concern is the 200 miles at 92% - that's really low especially with the Performance Battery Plus. Should be nearer to 300 miles at least.

I hope you get more opportunities to enjoy it during these tough times. Yes times are bad indeed, not knowing what the next few months holds for us all workwise/business wise.

OP
OP

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Thanks for that review. Pretty much what I was expecting to hear so good to know. The only thing that is of slight concern is the 200 miles at 92% - that's really low especially with the Performance Battery Plus. Should be nearer to 300 miles at least.

I hope you get more opportunities to enjoy it during these tough times. Yes times are bad indeed, not knowing what the next few months holds for us all workwise/business wise.
Given it's only done 30 miles total I'm not too worried about what the range is telling me yet. Interestingly the dealer told me yesterday that for the first 2-300 miles the regen isn't working, as the car beds in the brakes first / so at the moment whenever I brake its straight to wheel braking rather than any regeneration. Don't know if this might also affect quoted range. Hopefully I'll have a chance to update everyone in a week or two.

HK111

First Name
Henrik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Corvette C7 Stingray, Mercedes V
Country flag
Should be nearer to 300 miles at least.
This is wrong. You'll not get 300 miles / 480kms in all normal circumstances. 400km are possible in my 4S, but so far required Range Mode and careful driving.

Cheers,
Henrik

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Eagerly waiting for a range update from Dawse. The next few days should let us know some real world figures for the 4S.

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
It's quietly charging on a 3 pin plug tonight to get me back up to full charge for tomorrow
E98BC51B-531E-4854-B9AC-676030BCE200.jpeg
Unfortunately Porsche states the 3 pin charge can take up to 40 hrs to fully charge — however it can help while you await your charger — hope you enjoy and do like your spec —good choice .

OP
OP

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Unfortunately Porsche states the 3 pin charge can take up to 40 hrs to fully charge — however it can help while you await your charger — hope you enjoy and do like your spec —good choice .
The good news is I've not done many miles, given what's going on. So the mobile connect interface told me I'd be fully charged again by 0730 after starting it up at 68% at 1730. If I do that every couple of days it'll be easy to stay charged for now
Sponsored