Cpoarchy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 911, taycan 4s
Country flag
The good news is I've not done many miles, given what's going on. So the mobile connect interface told me I'd be fully charged again by 0730 after starting it up at 68% at 1730. If I do that every couple of days it'll be easy to stay charged for now
Just curious, can you use the electric from dryers in the interim? I had thought about that until the full home install in done
Sponsored

OP
OP

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Just curious, can you use the electric from dryers in the interim? I had thought about that until the full home install in done
In the UK it works fine to charge the car from a standard 13amp fused house socket - so mine spent the night plugged into a spare socket in the garage. It took 13 hours to add 30% of charge from 65 to 95% but I wasn't going anywhere so that's fine for now! I guess I'll get my Andersen charger installed that works at twice that speed once our world normalizes.

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
In the UK it works fine to charge the car from a standard 13amp fused house socket - so mine spent the night plugged into a spare socket in the garage. It took 13 hours to add 30% of charge from 65 to 95% but I wasn't going anywhere so that's fine for now! I guess I'll get my Andersen charger installed that works at twice that speed once our world normalizes.
That’s bang on — as Porsche quote 40 + hrs to fully charge .
With only 13 hrs from your future Anderson - bet you can’t wait .
Happy Days .

rquinton

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911, Porsche Taycan 4S (March 2021 arrival date PECATL), 2021 Porsche Cayenne GTS
Country flag
4S in volcano grey received 24 March in UK, drives beautifully.

Updated with first impressions:

I took it for a short spin yesterday - to take bread and milk to my 85 year old mum! Only did 10 miles. Will try to find legitimate excuses over next few days to give it some miles and put a smile on my face. I'm thrilled to have it but also very sober about the context of everything else that's going on. Haven't stopped and had chance to get anyone talking about it of course but have had a few heads turn and look keenly after me - but that may just because I'm out in a car, any car, on quiet roads!

Immediate impression is it's absolutely fantastic and I'm thrilled. Constant power on tap and wheels stick to the road like on rails. Beautifully made and everything feels high quality (no panel gaps!). Very happy with colour choices inside and out. I didn't go for the enhanced 'engine' sound but it still sounds great in an eerie quiet way. Stereo great (I'm no sound geek so didn't spec the Burmeister). I have performance plus battery.

Range saying 200 miles at 92% but as I say it's early days so I'll keep that under review. Don't have my Andersen charger (was due Saturday and their instal now deferred of course) so will be charging on 3 pin but given lack of opportunity to drive that won't be a problem.

I like having the mode selector in the steering wheel, that makes it very easy to change. User interface on all screens looks easy and intuitive but lots to learn.

Am hoping that I don't experience any problem - dealer is remaining available via email and phone from home but of course any major issue will mean it has to be collected by Porsche Breakdown Recovery and taken away for a while but I've got other wheels I can use if that happens and I'd rather take the risk than not.

Conclusions for now - It doesn't change the challenges our world is facing and it feels strange to be enjoying a new car while also trying to help my family and community with major food shortages, anxiety and sickness.

But it has certainly boosted my wellbeing and is everything I hoped so far. I'm not a 'track boy' but have driven M3/5 and AMGs as well as 911 and Panamera and I wouldn't swop my lovely new 4S for any of them.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting and everyone trying to enjoy their new pride and joy at this time.

4EF4C7C8-BE3F-43A8-82FA-851C24621F1B.jpeg
B11D0AC2-D44C-4B95-95F6-5C38549DFD7D.jpeg
Congrats. Is the interior color the Chalk (white) or Limestone Beige? More photos of the interior would be much appreciated.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Any updates for us Dawse? Have you driven her? What's the range looking like? :)

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Hey, well done in getting your car! Mine was made before the shutdown and as of last week was sat on the docks in Europe . I’ve ordered the same colour paint but grey interior.
Out of interest what dealer do you get yours from? I bought mine from Porsche Mayfair which is the only Porsche dealer (not franchise) in the UK. I thought that would be a positive but now I’m thinking it just means they don’t need the cash.
Also, another question, what pill did they send with it?

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Gentian Blue 4S is at Porsche Hull waiting for me to collect as soon as lockdown ends.
I'd be pushing to get it but looking at your garage I am sure you'll cope, unoike me whos Panamera went back 2 weeks ago and is currently driving the works Amarok :(

Persuader

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4s, Range Rover Sport, Jaguar F-Type, Renault Kangoo
Country flag

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Ah ok, thought so as I was told that there will be no movement during lockdown at all.

TAYC4N

First Name
AM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS (PTS)
Country flag
Dawse must be too busy enjoying the new car :D

OP
OP

Dawse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
Country flag
Sorry for radio silence this week! I've cleaned and fed my little beauty today, what a great pleasure I've had looking at and looking after her!

Porsche Taycan Received my Taycan 4S in UK! F7CDA89E-1A6A-4C08-8583-D495B42DC1C9

Porsche Taycan Received my Taycan 4S in UK! A4A7EFB9-A559-40AA-B2F9-A2D0B957A999

Porsche Taycan Received my Taycan 4S in UK! 1D41F355-F20F-4DC9-AB32-28D6F2CA609B

Porsche Taycan Received my Taycan 4S in UK! CC78188E-5B8D-4E2D-A479-9F20F261D9D1