Received quote for 2 year service of MY 2020 Taycan Turbo.

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
Hi all,
I am not sure on where to take this, but this service cost issue seems to be a complete scam. When I talked to my service advisor he said the first service is just change of wiper blades, change of brake fluid, and cabin filter.

Earlier threads on this forum have shown some horrific quotes being shown, but this one takes First price I think. I think there was an earlier suggestion for members to expose dealers in each country that tries scams like this. That seems a good idea to get a list of honest Porsche dealers where you could buy your car and have them looked after.

I would love to hear from our members here in Switzerland and Germany to hear if they can advise any quotes they have received and also a recommendation of good service centres in Switzerland as well as Germany, if close to the French borders. I certainly will take a mini break and drive there for a few days. Nice hotel, lovely meals and some sightseeing. Oh and still cheaper that the quote in France, if the prices from Porsche Center Paderborn are correct.

https://www.porsche-paderborn.de/de/service-wartung_de_pad.html.

Here is a copy of the quote I have received

Porsche Taycan Received quote for 2 year service of MY 2020 Taycan Turbo. 04E9B06C-D120-42A3-B4BF-1EEA1C1B220C

Since I am not a good French reader I have tried to translate it as best as I can.

Verification and cleaning before (Labour)
checking water drains, Including removing and reinstalling the lid and wiper arm

Additional work for verification of the sunroof (Labour),
verify the water drains.

Additional work for checking water drains,
checking and cleaning door sill (Labour) including Removing and Reinstalling wheel housing liner and rear wheels,

Remove door sill trim

Additional maintenance - every two years
Replace brake fluid, check puncture sealant
Replace the puncture sealant (after expiry date check)

1 x dust pollen filter
1 x brake fluid
1x puncture sealant

Why all the checking of drains should be a cost borne by me is beyond comprehension. If there is a design flaw I would expect Porsche to rectify this.

If there only was a real alternative available on the market just now? With all the issues we have had this does not feel good.
Sponsored

Bigben

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover L405 4.4L SDV8, VW T-ROC R, Yamaha FZ8
Country flag
It’s great to see they’ll be checking your opening sunroof… maybe grease the mechanism etc… if only there was a sunroof on the Taycan ??‍♂

It’s daylight robbery. Cleaning door shuts? Seriously?
Show them the 300€ list price from Germany and if kicking off about it to the service manager doesn’t fix it raise a complaint to Porsche France.
(Hoping the outcome isn’t for the German dealer to triple their price ?)

OP
OP
Scandinavian

Scandinavian

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan T, Tesla M3P, Aston Martin DB9, Porsche 996 C4 Cab
Country flag
It’s great to see they’ll be checking your opening sunroof… maybe grease the mechanism etc… if only there was a sunroof on the Taycan ??‍♂

It’s daylight robbery. Cleaning door shuts? Seriously?
Show them the 300€ list price from Germany and if kicking off about it to the service manager doesn’t fix it raise a complaint to Porsche France.
(Hoping the outcome isn’t for the German dealer to triple their price ?)
It is daylight robbery and they seem all coordinated by Porsche.
I tried a quote from Switzerland and they were about The same. 1000 CHF they quoted over the phone. And they did not want to grease the sunroof. All they could stage was Brake fluid, wiper blades, cabin filter and key fob battery. No other items mentioned even when I pressed them for it.

That service price is more that I pay for my Aston Martin DB9 at one of the best service guys in the U.K. There a minor service is 650 GBP for oil change, oil filter, air filters, pollen filter and brake fluid change. And that is for a 6litre V12 engine.

I wonder what the Porsche guys have been smoking for breakfast?

Kingske

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2024 BMW X3, 2014 BMW 3 GT
Country flag
Hi all,
I am not sure on where to take this, but this service cost issue seems to be a complete scam. When I talked to my service advisor he said the first service is just change of wiper blades, change of brake fluid, and cabin filter.

Earlier threads on this forum have shown some horrific quotes being shown, but this one takes First price I think. I think there was an earlier suggestion for members to expose dealers in each country that tries scams like this. That seems a good idea to get a list of honest Porsche dealers where you could buy your car and have them looked after.

I would love to hear from our members here in Switzerland and Germany to hear if they can advise any quotes they have received and also a recommendation of good service centres in Switzerland as well as Germany, if close to the French borders. I certainly will take a mini break and drive there for a few days. Nice hotel, lovely meals and some sightseeing. Oh and still cheaper that the quote in France, if the prices from Porsche Center Paderborn are correct.

https://www.porsche-paderborn.de/de/service-wartung_de_pad.html.

Here is a copy of the quote I have received

04E9B06C-D120-42A3-B4BF-1EEA1C1B220C.jpeg

Since I am not a good French reader I have tried to translate it as best as I can.

Verification and cleaning before (Labour)
checking water drains, Including removing and reinstalling the lid and wiper arm

Additional work for verification of the sunroof (Labour),
verify the water drains.

Additional work for checking water drains,
checking and cleaning door sill (Labour) including Removing and Reinstalling wheel housing liner and rear wheels,

Remove door sill trim

Additional maintenance - every two years
Replace brake fluid, check puncture sealant
Replace the puncture sealant (after expiry date check)

1 x dust pollen filter
1 x brake fluid
1x puncture sealant

Why all the checking of drains should be a cost borne by me is beyond comprehension. If there is a design flaw I would expect Porsche to rectify this.

If there only was a real alternative available on the market just now? With all the issues we have had this does not feel good.
Ridiculous