WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Our beloved Taycan was rear-ended last week, but luckily the dashcam footage clearly shows the perp's front license plate. I referred to that driver as a "perp" because she took off after the incident, and now refused to answer her insurer's repeated calls. But Geico is owning up to it after reviewing the video.

So, now we're looking for recommendation for a body shop in Houston. Please let me know a place you've used before and was happy with it.

Much appreciated.
Kevin
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
Did you check with your dealer? I use the shop my dealer uses and have always had good results.

OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Did you check with your dealer? I use the shop my dealer uses and have always had good results.
We used the one ours used and had a horrible experience. We will never step foot in there again.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Hate to hear this - had two brand new BMW's over ca 10 years rear ended within weeks of ownership - must be a Houston thing!! - just maddening.

I've heard Metropolitan is very good but have not personally used them - I will however be visiting with them to ask on some other unrelated questions and get a sense of their business but they are a Porsche Certified shop and based on the reviews I've read to date quite impressive.

https://metropolitancollision.com

Another option is the custom shop I used for all my paint and mods which is very close to Katy - Extreme Offroad and Performance (don't be put off by the name - these guys are top end and if you ever saw some of my prior posts with pics of the cars they work on regular you'd get my point :)!)

http://extremekaty.com/
If you use the latter maybe let Austin O'Krinsky (owner/manager) know I (Ciaran OByrne) referred you although I have no immediate plans to do anything more with them at this point as all done!

Cheers, C.

PS: Should have emphasized that Metropolitan are clearly experts in insurance claims and crash repair whereas Extreme more of a custom shop.

OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag
Hate to hear this - had two brand new BMW's over ca 10 years rear ended within weeks of ownership - must be a Houston thing!! - just maddening.

I've heard Metropolitan is very good but have not personally used them - I will however be visiting with them to ask on some other unrelated questions and get a sense of their business but they are a Porsche Certified shop and based on the reviews I've read to date quite impressive.

Another option is the custom shop I used for all my paint and mods which is very close to Katy - Extreme Offroad and Performance (don't be put off by the name - these guys are top end and if you ever saw some of my prior posts with pics of the cars they work on regular you'd get my point :)!)

If you use the latter maybe let Austin O'Krinsky (owner/manager) know I (Ciaran OByrne) referred you although I have no immediate plans to do anything more with them at this point as all done!

Cheers, C.

PS: Should have emphasized that Metropolitan are clearly experts in insurance claims and crash repair whereas Extreme more of a custom shop.
Thanks Ciaran. Yeah, I've seen your post on the custom work, and was really impressed. Since the black plastic pieces were damaged they'd get replaced, and I wouldn't mind having the new pieces painted in gloss black to match the window trims. This kind of work is probably more inline with Extremekaty than Metro. The only concern I saw in your post was the amount of time it took for them to finish your car; however, this should take less time (I hope) since only the black plastic pieces were damaged. The 2 big pieces, on either side of the license plate, that you removed on your car kept all of the painted pieces from getting damaged. So, I am relieved no paint work needed.

Let me call them both and get an estimate on both when I can bring the car in and how long it'd take for them to complete the repair.

Thanks again.
Kevin

TaycanCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MG 4S CT
Country flag
Our beloved Taycan was rear-ended last week, but luckily the dashcam footage clearly shows the perp's front license plate. I referred to that driver as a "perp" because she took off after the incident, and now refused to answer her insurer's repeated calls. But Geico is owning up to it after reviewing the video.

So, now we're looking for recommendation for a body shop in Houston. Please let me know a place you've used before and was happy with it.

Much appreciated.
Kevin
Another win for a dashcam. Looking forward to seeing it in r/idiotsincars. ;)

OP
OP
WattTurbo

WattTurbo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S, Taycan Turbo
Country flag

Cheers, C.

So Extreme Katy is a burst. After we brought our car there for them to inspect they called to get the parts but claimed the dealer never called them back. After a couple of days, they gave up and referred us to Collision Plus 2, which I didn’t find all that great from googling. So, although a little far from my home, I’m bringing it into Metro next month.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
So Extreme Katy is a burst. After we brought our car there for them to inspect they called to get the parts but claimed the dealer never called them back. After a couple of days, they gave up and referred us to Collision Plus 2, which I didn’t find all that great from googling. So, although a little far from my home, I’m bringing it into Metro next month.
Well that is disappointing, sorry to hear that and more than a little frustrating..

Part of the issue with Extreme might be that they have too much custom work and apparently don’t need to try that hard for more! They can be a bit pompous I suspect in this regard!

Very interested to hear how it goes at Metropolitan - again never used but hoping this goes well for you 🫰
Sponsored