Recommended 4s Settings for Optimal Driving Experience?

RobToTheT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S, 2021 e63s Longroof, 2012 911 GTS
Country flag
Hi folks - happy to say I'm a new member of the team here, having recently taken possession of a '22 4S. Been a long-time lurker here and first time poster.

Question for you all - any suggestions for settings on the car? I've experiencing what I have seen reported in other threads - that issue with the brakes at low speeds where the car lurches and doesn't stop without a big stomp. My "Hold" brake function is endlessly deploying on me when I don't need or want it - like when I'm in traffic or trying to just get into the garage.

So I'm wondering - is it best to just try and turn all of these support features off entirely? Does turning off the regenerative braking help? Any other tips and tricks for optimal running?

I've also found Sport mode to be less enjoyable than Normal mode, on account of the feel of the pedals - I just can't seem to get the feel for it in Sport mode where it is either accelerating or braking (as soon as you let off the accelerator) - which I don't recall test driving a while back.

Overall I love the car, but it feels like the computer is getting in the way of my driving more often than I would like. Any and all learning curve type thoughts would be welcome.

Big thanks in advance.
Sponsored

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
Hi there and welcome.
The reason you’re possibly finding Sport takes some getting used to is that I believe Sport starts with recuperation being switched on all the time. That’s what gives it Porsche’s version of one pedal driving and tries to mimic a dose of engine braking.

I personally really like it and it’s my mode of choice. These things are realy personal tho so perhaps start with normal mode and no recoup and then take from there while you get used to it. It won’t take long I’m sure.

OP
OP
RobToTheT

RobToTheT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hi there and welcome.
The reason you’re possibly finding Sport takes some getting used to is that I believe Sport starts with recuperation being switched on all the time. That’s what gives it Porsche’s version of one pedal driving and tries to mimic a dose of engine braking.

I personally really like it and it’s my mode of choice. These things are realy personal tho so perhaps start with normal mode and no recoup and then take from there while you get used to it. It won’t take long I’m sure.
Thanks for that. I think I just remember the effect being a little subtler than how I experience it now - like I just can't quite find the spot where I am not accelerating or braking/slowing - just have to keep working on my touch!

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
My std setup is Normal, ReCup off and low chassis - this setup is 100% retained when I power cycle the car so consistent every time I drive.

Supposedly the uPdate will allow you to setup Sport and other modes and retain whatever recup setting you chose but have yet to try that out - otherwise can play with Individual mode for specific variations I guess.

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Hi folks - happy to say I'm a new member of the team here, having recently taken possession of a '22 4S. Been a long-time lurker here and first time poster.

Question for you all - any suggestions for settings on the car? I've experiencing what I have seen reported in other threads - that issue with the brakes at low speeds where the car lurches and doesn't stop without a big stomp. My "Hold" brake function is endlessly deploying on me when I don't need or want it - like when I'm in traffic or trying to just get into the garage.

So I'm wondering - is it best to just try and turn all of these support features off entirely? Does turning off the regenerative braking help? Any other tips and tricks for optimal running?

I've also found Sport mode to be less enjoyable than Normal mode, on account of the feel of the pedals - I just can't seem to get the feel for it in Sport mode where it is either accelerating or braking (as soon as you let off the accelerator) - which I don't recall test driving a while back.

Overall I love the car, but it feels like the computer is getting in the way of my driving more often than I would like. Any and all learning curve type thoughts would be welcome.

Big thanks in advance.
I am in CT too and not-so-patiently awaiting my delivery. When did you order? Btw, nice ride!

OP
OP
RobToTheT

RobToTheT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I am in CT too and not-so-patiently awaiting my delivery. When did you order? Btw, nice ride!
Thanks! So I had just gotten in the queue in early August, was told a year for 4S (sooner for GTS) but then I found this car in Indianapolis. Was bought at auction from the original owner with less than 400 miles on it. More or less exactly what I had spec’d for myself, the color in particular. So I took it and exited the queue. Was a not-so-patient move on my part as well.

Redhot2474

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS
Country flag
I am in Windsor. Before this is all over, we may need a CT support group.

Didn’t mean to hijack this thread though.
Sounds great , according to trackmydream, my GTS should arrive early to mid December but I don’t think that takes into account the 12v battery issue

RAHRCR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Panamera Sport Turismo 4S
Country flag
Sounds great , according to trackmydream, my GTS should arrive early to mid December but I don’t think that takes into account the 12v battery issue
My 4S CT is now committed for Nov-4 but I take this as a place holder. It’s been finished since July-22 and is somewhere in Germany I suspect. What I wouldn’t give for a 12V battery these days…

jra

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S, RRS, PS2, Fiat500
Country flag

Big thanks in advance.
If in a new car - During the first 500-1000ish miles the brakes are bedded in and there is no recuperation so you have to push more firmly on the brake pedal to stop; in addition when brakes are bedded in the first half mile or so of a trip will only use physical brakes to keep them clean. Brake feel is noticeably different in these circumstances needing a firmer push. If you have the centre gauge up on power meter you will see/not see the green regeneration during these periods. Feel is much better after the bedding in period. Hope this helps.

I use straight normal mode or sport with sport sound on when pressing on. Suspension on lowered (I have CT).
Sponsored