xraymanrr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, BMW 430ix, Audi A3, Toyota RAV4
Country flag
I turn the recuperation on when I start the car. Next time I drive the car and start the engine the recuperation is off. Any way to keep the recuperation on each time I start my car?
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I turn the recuperation on when I start the car. Next time I drive the car and start the engine the recuperation is off. Any way to keep the recuperation on each time I start my car?
no, you will need to set the recuperation mode each time you start the car. this is just one of the few annoying quirks in the car

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

xraymanrr

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, BMW 430ix, Audi A3, Toyota RAV4
Country flag
I tried the auto recuperation. The only difference I noticed was if I was tail gating another car it would slow the car down after I took my foot off the speed pedal. Does it do anything else?

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I tried the auto recuperation. The only difference I noticed was if I was tail gating another car it would slow the car down after I took my foot off the speed pedal. Does it do anything else?
Auto will switch between recuperation on and off. If there is space in front it will coast; no battery used or charged. If it detects a vehicle, it will use recuperation to slow the car down, charging the battery and will go back to coasting when space is clear.

I like it when I’m just chilling in normal mode because it picks the best of both worlds.

SRQ661

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Do you have Sport Chrono? If yes, you can set up individual mode to include "recuperation on'. If not, you're out of luck...
Sponsored

Reactions: B61