louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo (sold), Mini Cooper SE, Mercedes Sprinter RV, BMW K1600GT
Country flag
My car is Black on Black. It’s a Launch car, so I didn’t get to have it built to my order. After I took delivery in December, I compared my Launch car’s build options to what I would have built.

I was pondering what could be retrofitted: Rear wheel steering? No. Fancy electric charge port flaps? Probably not easily.

One of my previous cars was a BMW i8. It had cool electric blue seatbelts. I loved those seatbelts. I even bought shoes to match... because... it was fun.

Back to the Taycan: I was going to spec red seatbelts in my Blue on Red Taycan. I asked my local parts/service department if I could retrofit a set of Red seatbelts. Yeah, no problem. They give me a quote and order the parts on January 10th.

And here we are. My all black Taycan Turbo, with Bordeaux Red seatbelts.

Porsche Taycan Red Seat Belts Retrofitted in Taycan E4D1A772-0EB2-4EA1-A39D-38BD2CB6D7BA
Sponsored

Last edited:

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
A very nice addition! Also an excellent choice of droid for the Taycan :like:

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
A very nice addition! Also an excellent choice of droid for the Taycan :like:
“R2! Re-route more power to the forward defensive shields!”

He’s ridden with me from 2015. First in the i8 “spaceship” and now the Taycan.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I loved the red seatbelts on my Macan.

Do you mind sharing what they charged you for that?

Jdqt458

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupe
Country flag
My car is Black on Black. It’s a Launch car, so I didn’t get to have it built to my order. After I took delivery in December, I compared my Launch car’s build options to what I would have built.

I was pondering what could be retrofitted: Rear wheel steering? No. Fancy electric charge port flaps? Probably not easily.

One of my previous cars was a BMW i8. It had cool electric blue seatbelts. I loved those seatbelts. I even bought shoes to match... because... it was fun.

Back to the Taycan: I was going to spec red seatbelts in my Blue on Red Taycan. I asked my local parts/service department if I could retrofit a set of Red seatbelts. Yeah, no problem. They have me a quote and order the parts on January 10th.

And here we are. My all black Taycan Turbo, with Bordeaux Red seatbelts.
E4D1A772-0EB2-4EA1-A39D-38BD2CB6D7BA.jpeg
Just noticed from your shot you have the 8 way sports seats .
Tell me from your major drive experience did you find they gave sufficient support especially at the shoulders .
Or would you have preferred the 18 way or Comfort .
Again well done on your major contribution to the brand .

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just noticed from your shot you have the 8 way sports seats .
Tell me from your major drive experience did you find they gave sufficient support especially at the shoulders .
Or would you have preferred the 18 way or Comfort .
Again well done on your major contribution to the brand .
These are the 14way seats.

I would have preferred the 18-way, because those allow for the side bolsters to be brought in and out. I’m a skinny guy, and unless I’m wearing a big down parka, crossing Canada in February, I move around a little more than I prefer. No problems at the shoulders.

That’s my only “complaint” though. Otherwise they are excellent, supportive, comfortable seats Even for 10-12 hour driving days.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I loved the red seatbelts on my Macan.

Do you mind sharing what they charged you for that?
My dealership cut me a nice deal, and for the two front belts (I didn’t do the rears) parts and labor about $1400.

I suspect actual retail and two hours of shop labor (per side?) would normally push it above $2000.

They treat me well, and I help find bugs! :)

JacobDK

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Taycan Red Seat Belts Retrofitted in Taycan 155A7CD4-78FE-4E5E-8F9B-290616900C1C
Red seat belts :) my first car, a Peugeot 205 1.3 Rallye, had red seatbelts - and that as standard. I think I sold the car for a little more than you paid for the retrofit

My second car also had them (BMW M3 E30) - that wen’t for quite some more though

Passengers always notice red belts and know they might be in for a ride

My wife isn’t fond of them though so i’m sticking with black ones for now - and shoes to match

ron_b

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I really like the contrast that it provides Don, certainly worth it.

I am getting the Bordeaux Red interior so I find the black seat belts provide a nice contrast.

Rekool3

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan Turbo S, 2020 911 Carrera 4S
Hmmm... now you have me thinking. Maybe yellow to compliment the yellow calipers, on similar black on black December launch car I didn’t get to order.
I did get the 18 way seats though, and love them!

T-Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Taycan CT4, 23 911T, 24 Rivian R1S, 71 BMW 2002
Country flag
Hmmm... now you have me thinking. Maybe yellow to compliment the yellow calipers, on similar black on black December launch car I didn’t get to order.
I did get the 18 way seats though, and love them!
Now this reminds me of one of my favorite stories (mostly because it didn't happen to me). Someone had ordered a 911 turbo s in red with black leather and red contrast stitching. As a turbo s it came with the yellow break calipers. The client mused to himself at one point with the sales associate that maybe yellow contrast stitching would be nice to tie into the calipers. After a long wait the car was delivered and when the client opened the door my sales associate stated it was "as if he was struck by a bolt of lighting!" The yellow contrast stitching had made it into the build after all even though he later convinced himself it was a bad idea and he was going to keep the red stitching and paint the break calipers red. To make a long story short the dealership made things right eventually, but it was expensive.

Verify, verify, verify that final build before it goes out! The sheer number of build options can conspire against you, ha!

dryii

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Taycan 4S, 2018 Tesla Model 3, 2015 Porsche Macan Turbo
Country flag
Yellow is not an option on the Taycan.

HigherLevel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Porsche Macan S, 2021 Taycan Turbo S (Jan 21)
Country flag
I also ordered red seatbelts. I consider it my most frivolous upgrade purchase since it's literally $500 to swap colors and likely costs Porsche nothing.

OP
OP
louv

louv

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Dammit. I miss that cat. And that car. And those seatbelts.
Sponsored