First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
Has anyone had this issue?
tried the launch function for first time, launched ok then completely lost power and would not drive.
Showed the error Reduced Drive Power.
Was in Sports Plus however pic shows range as i tried different modes after pulling over to see what would happen.
I had to turn car off, lock and reset and then drove with no problems. error has not returned.

Porsche Taycan REDUCED DRIVE POWER 59D45AE0-DB37-41BF-A390-3B30DF144D9E
Sponsored

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I believe that you need to think of the car as a computer and every once in awhile you will see the car doing wonky things. fortunately for you this appears to be one of those situations.
using my years driving teslas as a knowledge base when encountering an odd message I would restart the car, reboot the car and see if the messages cleared, then you could call into tesla and have them review the logs to see if there really is a cause for concern, I do not know if porsche offers that capability. in your case since it went away I would breath easier but I would swing by the service shop and let the porsche techs go over the car.

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
I believe that you need to think of the car as a computer and every once in awhile you will see the car doing wonky things. fortunately for you this appears to be one of those situations.
using my years driving teslas as a knowledge base when encountering an odd message I would restart the car, reboot the car and see if the messages cleared, then you could call into tesla and have them review the logs to see if there really is a cause for concern, I do not know if porsche offers that capability. in your case since it went away I would breath easier but I would swing by the service shop and let the porsche techs go over the car.
Thanks mate appreciate it.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Just had the same thing happen to me and luckily saw your post to follow the same pattern. We just needed to lock it, walk away for 5 minutes and come back - no need to reset anything.

Reactions: B61
OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
Just had the same thing happen to me and luckily saw your post to follow the same pattern. We just needed to lock it, walk away for 5 minutes and come back - no need to reset anything.
Gremlins in these cars mate ! Seems like there are lots of software glitches.

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY2022 Taycan Turbo S
Country flag
Gremlins in these cars mate ! Seems like there are lots of software glitches.
Yep! 5 months of reading these forums did teach me that most of them are as simple as on/off again, but it still wasn’t fun to experience it and I definitely suffer from “that’s someone else’s problem and won’t happen to me” syndrome.

We did a launch control and it was awesome, so then did another one about 15 minutes later only to receive this error and have the car start to lose power and slow down to 20mph. It may have shut down completely, but we didn’t wait around to see and went off road to pull over and follow your advice.

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
Its a strange one, Porsche here have no idea what is the cause.

chrisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Taycan 4S
Country flag
I just read a post about it happening to someone while accelerating onto the motorway. Needless to say how dangerous it is if max speed is limited to 20mph on the motorway.. Btw, this happened to a car that has the latest big software update, which means the issue has not been addressed.

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
I just read a post about it happening to someone while accelerating onto the motorway. Needless to say how dangerous it is if max speed is limited to 20mph on the motorway.. Btw, this happened to a car that has the latest big software update, which means the issue has not been addressed.
Ours is 2 weeks old, we were the first delivery with the new big software update.

OP
OP

REAGLOBAL

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TAYCAN Turbo
Country flag
update !
i have been told by Porsche there are some known software bugs with regards to this and they have a planned software update for May.
so ive been told to sit tight and wait for that.

legataycan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, 981 Boxster
Country flag
I just got the following two errors after doing a launch control, I ended up with no drive power whatsoever and as a result was stuck parked on a country lane in an unsafe position.

Car is fully updated with the latest software version.

As above a restart of the car resolved the issue and we were driving again, but I don’t feel particularly safe driving this car.

MY2021

Has anyone heard any further information about a fix from Porsche?

Porsche Taycan REDUCED DRIVE POWER 5432A918-8175-4DA3-BAD9-CA9B1314C820

Porsche Taycan REDUCED DRIVE POWER BDAE1E4D-40AA-4DD1-87FC-D83696564D02

Last edited: