Registration in UK mid august

103 CR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo , Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4.2
Country flag
So , my dealer has a new MY 4s and I am due to take delivery next week.
Does anyone know if Is it a financial disadvantage to me to register a new MY 21 in August in the UK?
the dealer is saying not , but they would ……
Sponsored

mangobay

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST 2023. Cayman GT4 (981); BMW X5 40i
Country flag
I’ve always been advised the opposite and certainly a 71 plate would carry a slight premium over a 21 plate in the resale market. Maybe if you’re leasing it makes no difference if the RV is unaffected, but if buying I would always take the pain and wait until September personally. Enjoy it when it arrives!

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
I had exactly this dilemma in 2017 when my Macan arrived. The general consensus on the forum at the time was that the value 3-4 years later would be £500 greater by waiting for the new plate. No idea if this is true or not, but I would wait the 2 weeks if I were you and it will look “new” for longer. That does of course only apply if you can contain yourself for an extra 2 weeks of waiting!

OP
OP

103 CR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo , Toyota Landcruiser Amazon 4.2
Country flag
I asked the dealer if I could delay the registration until 1st September to get the new Reg and was told it was not possible. The reason I was given was that the car either had to be returned to Porsche if it was not registered before 1/9/21 or the dealership would have to register it and use it as a demo.
Does anyone know if this true or am I being told porkies ? I was wondering if it is because a MY 21 cannot have a 22 Reg plate ?
does anyone know ?
thanks in advance

MTGBUK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Turbo S CT (Received :)
Country flag
Can't say whether your OPC is telling the truth or not. When I ordered my CT and was told delivery would be December if lucky but more realistic would be Jan/Feb. Told the dealer I would like a March registered 22 plate car if the car was going to arrive in Jan/Feb. Dealer said that it would be fine and that he's had a few people say the same to him.

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
Mine is due for pickup next week. I picked a 2021 plate for it at my OPC last week.

Personally, I couldn't care less what the registration is. I don't think people take much notice nowadays. (unlike when I was a kid and they changed annually and we used to look for the first car with a new plate on it).

It would be more of an issue if it were late December and the actual registration year were to change imo.

It's August....its going to be a 2021 car. Get it picked up I say!
?

Fish Fingers

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD
Country flag
I asked the dealer if I could delay the registration until 1st September to get the new Reg and was told it was not possible. The reason I was given was that the car either had to be returned to Porsche if it was not registered before 1/9/21 or the dealership would have to register it and use it as a demo.
Does anyone know if this true or am I being told porkies ? I was wondering if it is because a MY 21 cannot have a 22 Reg plate ?
does anyone know ?
thanks in advance
I think MY 21 cars will be sold for a while yet, so will certainly end up on 22 plates.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
does anyone know ?
thanks in advance
I think it's more to do with quarterly sales quotas and targets

Model year is not relevant.

Midlifecrisis

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo, Taycan 4S (sold). Macan SD (sold)
Country flag
Your dealer can delay it to 1st September but it sounds like he is trying not to. Which dealer is it? Maybe the mention of some adverse publicity might sway them
Sponsored