Regret Standard Interior?

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 / Taycan CT4 / Model X (ordered)
Country flag
Hi everyone, my lock date is next week and I'm pretty much final on my configuration (link below). Its already above my self imposed budget of $110k, but I'm wondering if anyone got the standard interior and regretted it after?

CT4 Build

Porsche Taycan Regret Standard Interior? iris
Sponsored

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
I have it and it’s fine. I think looking back there are options that total $4000 I would delete and cover the cost of full leather (innodrive, Porsche rear light in black, front lights in black)

dflohr

First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan RWD, Boxster S (RIP)
Country flag
My RWD has the standard black interior. No regrets at all. It contrasts quietly in the background allowing the displays to really shine and be the focus. Nothing about it seems inferior to me. The 14 ways seats I have are full leather anyway.

Had a budget I wanted to stay within Put the saved money into tech (ACC, RAS, Air Suspension) which has really improved the driving experience. Would do it again without question.

DACSarasota

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Taycan RWD
Country flag
This is a very good question and the option I am struggling with the most as I approach my lock date. Right now, I am thinking full leather black/limestone beige with my Gentian Blue RWD. I consider full leather black as well. However, I will be able to see a standard leather in a couple weeks.

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Spec the full leather and save elsewhere imho.

From your build personally I would have it before the rear axel steering and insulated glass.

dickp

First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.dickpitini.com
Vehicles
2022 Taycan CT4
Country flag
I got the full leather due to wanting a color not offered in the standard interior. Otherwise I would have gone with the standard interior. One place you could save a little would be to deleat the seat heating. Car comes standard with front seat heating. Unless of course you are concerned about seat heating for rear seat passengers.

OP
OP
RPTRXV

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I got the full leather due to wanting a color not offered in the standard interior. Otherwise I would have gone with the standard interior. One place you could save a little would be to deleat the seat heating. Car comes standard with front seat heating. Unless of course you are concerned about seat heating for rear seat passengers.
I had no idea, rear is for car seats so it’s useless. Thank you!

OP
OP
RPTRXV

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

From your build personally I would have it before the rear axel steering and insulated glass.
Was thinking of getting rid of ACC. I honestly don’t use it at all in my Audi and my wife is getting a Model X so plan to use that for road trips. What do you think of ACC?

OP
OP
RPTRXV

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have it and it’s fine. I think looking back there are options that total $4000 I would delete and cover the cost of full leather (innodrive, Porsche rear light in black, front lights in black)
How do you feel about ACC, Innodrive aside?

OP
OP
RPTRXV

RPTRXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Think I need the insulated glass, it’s hot as hell in LA.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I have standard interior on a 4S. No regrets.

dragcity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Was thinking of getting rid of ACC. I honestly don’t use it at all in my Audi and my wife is getting a Model X so plan to use that for road trips. What do you think of ACC?
I'm a fan of the ACC, great in traffic. Also you'll need it if you ever want to spec innodrive through FOD later on.

Fedex77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3 E92, Range Rover Sport HST
Country flag
How do you feel about ACC, Innodrive aside?
I find I never use driver assists, so I’d delete that too. The reality is that the only color I would have gotten is chalk in full leather. Since I stuck with black, standard was fine and I’m happy with it.
Sponsored