KaiK

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
For the third time in 4 week my car went offline for some days. Reboot via engeneering-mode helped once but not the other times. Hotline had no info about servers down or didn't tell the truth. Maybe it is a problem inside Vodafone (Germany). Does anyone had the same experience?
Sponsored

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
Two possibilities for "offline":
1. Car does not have cellular service data connection. For Taycans in NA, PCM upper right would not have LTE symbol, it would have symbol like ===== with a / through it.
or
2. Car has cellular service data connection (LTE displays in PCM) but cannot connect to Porsche servers.
For troubleshooting, you need clarify which situation.

OP
OP
KaiK

KaiK

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Two possibilities for "offline":
1. Car does not have cellular service data connection. For Taycans in NA, PCM upper right would not have LTE symbol, it would have symbol like ===== with a / through it.
or
2. Car has cellular service data connection (LTE displays in PCM) but cannot connect to Porsche servers.
For troubleshooting, you need clarify which situation.
yesterday 1)

2) the last two times

So the question is: is the car the problem, the mobile network or porsches datacenter. Two of this options can be fixed just by waiting.

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
From my own experience (car had cellular data connection but not to Porsche), and from other long threads in here, waiting (for Porsche servers to get going) is the easiest option. Maybe Porsche customer support in Germany is better than that in US. If so, keep reporting the problem but make it clear whether it is 1 or 2.
Also, if condition 1, check to see if it can be resolved by driving to other locations with possible better signal.

OP
OP
KaiK

KaiK

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
From my own experience (car had cellular data connection but not to Porsche), and from other long threads in here, waiting (for Porsche servers to get going) is the easiest option. Maybe Porsche customer support in Germany is better than that in US. If so, keep reporting the problem but make it clear whether it is 1 or 2.
Also, if condition 1, check to see if it can be resolved by driving to other locations with possible better signal.
signal strength was always over 80% (4/5 to 5/5 bars), I forgot to write

Tooney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4S
Country flag
This other thread is one of many on the forum where the problem of the app not connecting has been discussed. Remedies vary. Also, not clear from posts whether the car did not have network data access, or network access but no connection to Porsche.

Since problems on Porsche server end seem intermittent, I would be cautious about having hardware or software inside my Taycan changed or altered. The cause may be on Porsche IT side.

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Ever since the uPdate, my PCM intermittently looses data connection. It may happen 4 -5 times within the same half hour. The LTE turns for the double-opposite pointing arrows for 10-15 seconds and the connected app return back (Internet radio, Apple Music, etc after a short similar amount moment of silence (10-15 sec) along with the LTE symbol....
Even if I am in complete cellular coverage and before the uPdate, never suffered such loss of connexions.....
Any idea?
Has the uPdate fragilised my e-sim??

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
The cell signal indicated on the central display is for your phone and not the embedded SIM (e-sim) unless you have paid extra for the data package which might use this icon differently.

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
The cell signal indicated on the central display is for your phone and not the embedded SIM (e-sim) unless you have paid extra for the data package which might use this icon differently.
Up here in Canada, we do not have to pay extra for data.
Nonewithstanding the fact that the bars on display relate to the phone‘s cellular coverage, my e-sim data was absolutely flawless in my region before the uPdate and now looses its signal intermittently on an irregular basis. Nothing this morning, bad yesterday in the exact same environment driving between home and work as usual…..

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Up here in Canada, we do not have to pay extra for data.
Nonewithstanding the fact that the bars on display relate to the phone‘s cellular coverage, my e-sim data was absolutely flawless in my region before the uPdate and now looses its signal intermittently on an irregular basis. Nothing this morning, bad yesterday in the exact same environment driving between home and work as usual…..
There is a separate data package available in most regions to take advantage of the PCM WiFi hotspot and share this data package for internet access rather than hotspot sharing via your mobile.

This is entirely separate to the free data package used for all Porsche Connect Services.

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
It is my belief that up here, in the northern part of North America, one cannot use the Taycan as a wifi hotspot. It seems to me that the integrated e-sim is for Porche Connect Services AND Internet radio, Apple Music and other data-dependant apps such as weather, news, etc……

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It is my belief that up here, in the northern part of North America, one cannot use the Taycan as a wifi hotspot. It seems to me that the integrated e-sim is for Porche Connect Services AND Internet radio, Apple Music and other data-dependant apps such as weather, news, etc……
That is the same for all Taycans globally.

I addition to this you can pay a monthly subscription for a separate data connection (for the integrated e-sim) for the sole purpose of sharing this data within the car to various hand held devices which don't have their own data connection for internet access. This is achieved by activating the car's WiFi hotspot (option in PCM).

I think you are confusing this with connecting the car to an external WiFi hotspot. This feature is only available on Russian specified Taycans

Clearly documented in owners manual, Porsche Connect Good To Know Manuals and Porsche Good To Know App.

OP
OP
KaiK

KaiK

First Name
Kai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S 2021
Country flag
Last week my car got the big march 2022 update with colored icon. So let me test some weeks and we will see.

MyA

First Name
Marc-Yvon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That is the same for all Taycans globally.

I addition to this you can pay a monthly subscription for a separate data connection (for the integrated e-sim) for the sole purpose of sharing this data within the car to various hand held devices which don't have their own data connection for internet access. This is achieved by activating the car's WiFi hotspot (option in PCM).

I think you are confusing this with connecting the car to an external WiFi hotspot. This feature is only available on Russian specified Taycans

Clearly documented in owners manual, Porsche Connect Good To Know Manuals and Porsche Good To Know App.
Winge
I am taliking about the car’s PCM ability to connect to servers si that connected applications of the PCM (internet radio, native Apple Music, calendar, etc) work flawlessly.

since the uPdate, my LTE icon rien to the horizontal opposite pointing arrows for a few 10-15 seconds and then connects back witha return to functionality of such apps.

was never happening before…

Porsche Taycan Reliability online connection 3174CF84-953E-48A6-B5A5-706AC7962FC0
Sponsored