Reliability poll

Has your Taycan broken down during a journey whilst driving it?

• Total voters

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4S, Ferrari 355, Merc 500E, Prius PHV
Country flag
There are plenty of complaints about software problems causing inconvenience.
I am interested in a breakdown causing you to have to pull off the road while driving and get some sort of assistance.
It has never happened to me in 55 years of driving fwiw.
Sponsored

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Macan S; 2021 Taycan 4S; 2023 911 GTS Cab
Country flag
I have had AWD faults from launch control at gear change twice that put me in turtle mode until the car sat off for 5-10 min.
It sounds like you would not count that? In which case I’ll answer no. But I thought I’d share regardless.

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I have had AWD faults from launch control at gear change twice that put me in turtle mode until the car sat off for 5-10 min.
It sounds like you would not count that? In which case I’ll answer no. But I thought I’d share regardless.
Thanks.
I did think of listing more than one type of reliability shortcoming but in the end decided on the worst hoping that people would mention things like you have just now.

@tigerbalm problem with a car failure whilst abroad is maybe even worse but hopefully unique.

I am not concerned by lack of airplay or anything to do with the entertainment since I don't much use it!

B61

First Name
Bine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4 (9/2021)
Country flag
15k km…. Without any serius problem….except once, in the winter morning, -8 degrees C (during the night about -15) all screens became dark/blank. Car started normaly, but before I put to R, blank screens.
i said (to myself): let’s see…and i continue in reverse, then proceed forward…slowly…after about 50m, screens turned on….everything normal, so I drove to work…
(I voted No< since it never happened again)

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
I suspect most of us who had serious breakdown issues had 2020 models and its since been mostly ironed out?

OP
OP
f1eng

f1eng

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I suspect most of us who had serious breakdown issues had 2020 models and its since been mostly ironed out?
Hopefully!
The continuing failure for people using 7kW single phase on 22kW 3 phase chargers has a solution now apparently so will work through and it doesn't stop the car when driving just fails while charging and leaves the car unusable.

Chris8536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S (Sold) X7 M50i (sold) cayenne GTS coupe
Country flag
Hopefully!
The continuing failure for people using 7kW single phase on 22kW 3 phase chargers has a solution now apparently so will work through and it doesn't stop the car when driving just fails while charging and leaves the car unusable.
I am forever sad that I sold my 2020 due to its unreliability and 15+ recalls. I loved that car, but omg was it a pain. And I wasn't about to pay ADM to replace it with a 2022 just because they failed to deliver me a reliable vehicle in 2020.

Bummer.

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag
I've had one car switching to park event (and now scheduled for the software update).

My other issues have all, touch wood, been PCM related. Several instances of sporadic behavior; resolved on its own after being turned off for a period of time and only one I had to resolve through the engineering reset (2 fingers on center screen). None of this impacted my ability to drive (or enjoy) the car.

Also, one self-inflicted issue due to wing mirror removal for PPF that required a LCA recalibration.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess I was maybe starting to buy into some of the negative reports and was expecting this to be much higher regarding issues.
Thanks @f1eng for the poll.

(I’m not discounting people’s issues, but was expecting more prevalence).

soul.electrified

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 4S convertible, LX570, CT4 (pending)
Country flag
I guess I was maybe starting to buy into some of the negative reports and was expecting this to be much higher regarding issues.

+1. Waiting for the vehicle to be built is difficult. This forum can (at times) question one's decision to put up with the wait time and possible Taycan shenanigans. A confidence booster is always appreciated. Thanks @OP!

raharris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC AT4X, Macan S, Taycan Turbo, Cayenne Turbo GT
Country flag

Pre-delivery, I was starting to expect the worst and doubting my decision to buy a Taycan given everything I read here. In the end I have had tolerable issues since delivery - especially because the overall experience of owning a Taycan has been fantastic!

I know there are some whose experience has really hindered their ability to enjoy - but I think this poll helps put some perspective.

Wakesurfer

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2023 YukonXL, 2024 Macan S
Country flag
+1. Waiting for the vehicle to be built is difficult. This forum can (at times) question one's decision to put up with the wait time and possible Taycan shenanigans. A confidence booster is always appreciated. Thanks @OP!
Took delivery in 2/2021. Approaching 8,000 trouble free miles. Maybe a couple of glitches here and there that completely resolve themselves. Overall, I am very satisfied with my Taycan and would purchase it all over again.

Jhenson29

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag