icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S MY22 and Abarth 595 Trofero:
Country flag
Have ordered Taycan 4S, will be UK spec. As build time is likely to be well into next year I dont to need to complete final spec for sometime. I have initially ticked the Remote Parking option as have little room for manoeuvre in a tight garage space. It would help if remote parking can work with the mirrors folded. Does anyone know if this is possible as I guess there are sensors on the mirrors. If it doesnt work then I'll remove the option. Thanks
Sponsored

Bella

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Taycan 4 CT, Prius
Country flag
Have ordered Taycan 4S, will be UK spec. As build time is likely to be well into next year I dont to need to complete final spec for sometime. I have initially ticked the Remote Parking option as have little room for manoeuvre in a tight garage space. It would help if remote parking can work with the mirrors folded. Does anyone know if this is possible as I guess there are sensors on the mirrors. If it doesnt work then I'll remove the option. Thanks
I left it off as I was told for pulling into a tight space it will just tell you that it cannot access the space. I had 7 inches of clearance on either side of the Garage. I don’t know the answer on the mirror issue. Unfortunately very few people have this option so getting good info is difficult.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
I, like Bella, was advised that the system won't attempt to enter a really tight space.
In any case, I wouldn't trust the flakey electrics/IT to get it right in critical situations.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
It has to work within comfortable parameters and tight garage parking won't be one of them - too risky.

Option is pointless IMHO and is limited to Apple devices (!!). Slow in operation and you have to stand and watch holding the dead man's button on the app during parking manoeuvres in case it goes horribly wrong.

360 panoramic is all you need (forget 3D) and then select side view (front) and you will easily see the gap either side of the car when entering the garage and when the mirrors are folded at the critical point - I do this every day (2 separate garage doors, 5" either side of the door opening).

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Similar situation for me- double garage but with single doors separated by a brick pillar. I reverse in using the surround view until I have to fold the mirrors to cross the threshold (the Cayenne literally won't get through with the mirrors out). I've found I don't then need to unfold them provided I've got the rear camera trajectory projection lined up with 2 strips of yellow tape stuck on the floor (can't remember what I used but it's been there for 2 years now). Plus a single-wheel plastic sleeping policeman strategically placed to stop me with enough gap to get around the back of the car.

OP
OP
icedup51

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for your advice guys, think i will save myself £3000 on that option and add something more useful.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Thanks for your advice guys, think i will save myself £3000 on that option and add something more useful.
Rear axle steering (includes power steering plus), extended leather or sports Chrono if you don't mind the 'wort' on the dash.

OP
OP
icedup51

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Rear axle steering (includes power steering plus), extended leather or sports Chrono if you don't mind the 'wort' on the dash.
Done the leather and chrono. Had also seats, sports design kit, lights and other stuff. Is rear axle steer worth while?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Done the leather and chrono. Had also seats, sports design kit, lights and other stuff. Is rear axle steer worth while?
Nice!

RAS is a definite tick given the relatively low cost when PSP is bundled. Precise turn in and some small benefit in parking manoeuvres.

I would skip sports design IMHO but add the skirts if you must. Personally I would take as is rather than tart it up. I would add the skirts if they were fully colour coded but otherwise would skip.

Matrix lights & Bose are worthy contenders if not already included.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
Is rear axle steer worth while?
I've specced it based on my experience with the Cayenne- mine doesn't have it, then I drove an apparently mechanically identical one that felt more agile...I asked afterwards and was told that one had RAS.

OP
OP
icedup51

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It has to work within comfortable parameters and tight garage parking won't be one of them - too risky.

Option is pointless IMHO and is limited to Apple devices (!!). Slow in operation and you have to stand and watch holding the dead man's button on the app during parking manoeuvres in case it goes horribly wrong.

360 panoramic is all you need (forget 3D) and then select side view (front) and you will easily see the gap either side of the car when entering the garage and when the mirrors are folded at the critical point - I do this every day (2 separate garage doors, 5" either side of the door opening).

OP
OP
icedup51

icedup51

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Is the 360 view the standard option or do i need to add surround view. Thanks

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T
Country flag
Is the 360 view the standard option or do i need to add surround view. Thanks
You must add as an option as indicated. Sadly none of these useful features are standard - only MY21 saw the standard inclusion of a reversing camera in addition to the front and rear parking sensors.
Sponsored