pauloamore

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan C4SCT
Country flag

Enjoyed it. Excepting the quoted charging info.

CTEK should charge at 7kw not 3.5.
And IONITY has charged as fast as 250kwh in my experience.

I didn’t know recuperation had an auto mode. 😊
Sponsored

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT4S 2022 Mini Cooper S 2024 Electric in 2025/6
Country flag
Agreed, a nice review but he could def also do with more time on Forums for giving more accurate advise :)!

Also in regards the mobile charger for me the BEST place for this is the under rear trunk floor compartment (minus the Porsche case it came in) - fits perfectly with room for more (assuming std Bose sound system) like my TeslaTap etc. This leaves the Frunk fully free where I have a custom fit cooler (BIG) bag and still room for my mobile charger extender chord in it's case on top!

Last edited:

WRC_1S

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan RWD, 1969 911t
Country flag
Nice review :like: really enjoyed that.

WuffvonTrips

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo CT
Country flag
As I commented in the Taycan Cross Turismo reviews & videos thread, I was getting concerned not having seen an update since he took delivery, as a potential sign he wasn't enjoying the car for some reason.
(😁 I notice that he still thinks it's got 3 camber air suspension)

darth_maul_80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 , Taycan GTS
Country flag
Agreed, a nice review but he could def also do with more time on Forums for giving more accurate advise :)!

Also in regards the mobile charger for me the BEST place for this is the under rear trunk floor compartment (minus the Porsche case it came in) - fits perfectly with room for more (assuming std Bose sound system) like my TeslaTap etc. This leaves the Frunk fully free where I have a custom fit cooler (BIG) bag and still room for my mobile charger extender chord in it's case on top!
for me the best place for the big charger and bag was in my store room…even more space in the car. I have EVSE at home and work so no real need for it except when going on longer journeys into the unknown which are rare 🙂

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
for me the best place for the big charger and bag was in my store room…even more space in the car. I have EVSE at home and work so no real need for it except when going on longer journeys into the unknown which are rare 🙂
Agreed - pretty much what I do i.e. make sure to have it on long road trips e.g. trip to Hill Country here in TX was to an AirB7B that provided EV charging plugs I could use the mobile charger with - w/o that the nearest EA was literally far enough away to make it entirely impractical to stay there. If all I am doing is driving around town etc no need but I don't need that extra storage anyway so just leave it in there.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag

Do you mind sharing details on your Frunk cooler bag? My frunk routinely stays empty except for the front plate and bracket that I refuse to attach. Custom cooler bag sounds fun.

ciaranob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you mind sharing details on your Frunk cooler bag? My frunk routinely stays empty except for the front plate and bracket that I refuse to attach. Custom cooler bag sounds fun.
So, just to be clear, there is of course no option to plug-in an electric cooler in the Frunk but I was not looking for that. What I purchased is a stand-alone cooler bag - dimensions are perfect for the Frunk and as I mentioned, still allows for more storage on top - got the silver version:

https://www.thewarmingstore.com/ao-coolers-36-pack-carbon-cooler.html

Porsche Taycan Remove Before Race: Taycan 4S Cross Turismo 9000 Mile Review Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 8.38.12 PM

Porsche Taycan Remove Before Race: Taycan 4S Cross Turismo 9000 Mile Review Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 8.39.07 PM

Quite a lot of options out there but price/value really good on this one.

madeyong

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S; BMW X7
Country flag
So, just to be clear, there is of course no option to plug-in an electric cooler in the Frunk but I was not looking for that. What I purchased is a stand-alone cooler bag - dimensions are perfect for the Frunk and as I mentioned, still allows for more storage on top - got the silver version:

https://www.thewarmingstore.com/ao-coolers-36-pack-carbon-cooler.html

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 8.38.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 8.39.07 PM.png

Quite a lot of options out there but price/value really good on this one.
Thanks! Looks nice. Ordering.